Hello everyone!

AZ_Pathfinder

Yeah Penski is a wizard fabricator his frontier is ridiculous! Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. As far as ONAZ goes we used to meet up and discuss stuff on NOR a lot but unfortunately the club has died down a bit. You know life and the fact that Penski's truck is now so ridiculous we can't go where he goes, lol!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that I would like to run the 15's but I'm worried about them rubbing on the calipers as I've heard that can be an issue, especially if you get new brake setup. Not sure I know for sure the first mod is manual hubs.

First mod I'll be doing to the Pathfinder are Warn Hubs, something I Desperately wish I could've done on the 2006 Frontier!! Not sure when I'm getting them but I know that will be the first thing to go on it!

Also anyone know of a good roof rack for the LE 2002 Pathfinder, I have the kind of rack that goes the full length of the roof, its the one thats a little more than just the cross bars. It says Pathfinder along the sides. I havent seen many pathfinders with that type of rack running aftermarket roof rack setups. If anyone has this type of stock rack and also have a rugged rack I would love to see pictures, I'm trying to avoid custom as that requires lots of $$$, ha ha.

Thanks in advance

Edited by AZ_Pathfinder

First mod I'll be doing to the Pathfinder are Warn Hubs, something I Desperately wish I could've done on the 2006 Frontier!! Not sure when I'm getting them but I know that will be the first thing to go on it!

Also anyone know of a good roof rack for the LE 2002 Pathfinder, I have the kind of rack that goes the full length of the roof, its the one thats a little more than just the cross bars. It says Pathfinder along the sides. I havent seen many pathfinders with that type of rack running aftermarket roof rack setups. If anyone has this type of stock rack and also have a rugged rack I would love to see pictures, I'm trying to avoid custom as that requires lots of $$$, ha ha.

Thanks in advance

i have the same rack as you. i don't hold as much stuff as some of the other guys do, but all my rack consists of are the Yakima crossbars, Rail Grab towers, and depending on the season, they have either bike racks or snowboard racks.

you can put a basket on top, like the Yakima Basketcase or the Thule Moab basket. i think those basketcases are supposed to hold somewhere around 150lbs, but not sure. and it really depends on what you plan on carrying on top and how heavy it is.

Probably just the spare and other misc things but mostly the spare!

I think it should hold it just fine.

You probably won't even need to get the railgrab towers and crossbars. Pretty sure they make clips that will allow the basketcase to clip and be secured to the stock crossbars.

BTW, i want to run 15s on the truck as well. Check out the thread in the pinned topics forum. There are a few guys running it that are just barely clearing the calipers. You'd have to get the right offset and everything to make sure it clears, but it should. If not, i hear that a little grinding of the caliper will help that.

Yeah there is a set of pro comp flat black steel wheels in 3.75 bs that are calling out to me! Thanks Der_Vier I really liked that frontier but this pathfinder is growing on me. I think it's a little more family functional than the frontier was, as I rarely used the bed. And I've already utilized the pathfinders cargo area a lot already! I wish I was handy at fabricating things as I would just make the roof rack and sliders myself. I think I might try to convince a buddy to make me another set of sliders, as he made the set that was on the frontier for me. Thanks everyone for the responses this forum already feels like home!! I will try to get some pics of the pathfinder but I'll warn you it's still stock, lol!

same with me! i just haven't yet pulled the trigger on the ProComps yet because of money, of course!

plus, my tires still have a TON of tread since i only bought them about 1 1/2 years ago or so and only have maybe 15k on them.

if you had the ability to do it, i'd suggest getting a wheel (if a friend has one with the same specs) and mocking it up the truck to check for clearance. 16s will obviously clear, but man are the tires expensive! hahah.

BTW, which wheels do you have? that may also speed up your purchase of the ProComps. especially if those wheels can't clearn the WARN hubs. the only wheels that can clear the WARN hubs on the newer Pathys are the "tri-stake" kind. like these:

398721463.jpg

and yeah, that's my truck. not a great pic or view of it, but it's got the OME HD front and MD rears on it. check out some of the topics in the pinned topics, and you can get a really good idea of what a lot of people have done.

Ive got black procomp steel wheels...16" with 3.75bs and they clear my warn hubs perfectly. wheels were almost $80 each and got a set of goodyear duratracs for $155 a piece. i am also in the market for a roof rack for my matching fullsize spare...

check out my pathy and upgrades...

Welcome! Looks like you know what you want/what you're doing!

What is your main reason for going with manual hubs? MPG's or the slightly less wear on your CV's? As far as I know and what I've heard, the r50 drive plates are near bomb proof. Also, tire on the roof isn't the best idea, changes your center of gravity and it's a major PITA to get it down and back up when you need to change a tire, especially if it needs to be a trail side change! Just my two cents! or maybe four cents?? haha

Essy I have those same wheels. Silverton I agree with you on the PITA to get it off the roof, but again having the tire under the truck on a trail and needing to get to it can be almost impossible depending on where you're at. I agree with the HCG perhaps I'll put it in the cargo area when wheelin and keep it under the truck in its location when just daily driving. As for man hubs all of the above better mpg's and less wear when not in 4x4. I wish I would have had them in my frontier. I live in AZ so there is never a situation where I would need to shift on the fly into 4x4, unless maybe going north in the winter but in that situation I would just lock em up and head out

you could see if your bud that made sliders for frontier, while he's making sliders for your pathy, if he can also do a swing away tire carrier? the tire carrier is probably one of my most favorite "features" of the wd21 pathy.

Silverton, yes I wish I had a tire carrier that would eleviate all my problems, lol. Yeah I have to ask him about it I know he's building a Xterra guy a bumper right now, I'm sure he could problem is when would he have the time.

So Has anyone built their own sliders for the R50? My buddy is a really good fabricator and I'm sure he could come up with something but I was wondering since there isnt a frame to mount them onto where might the be fastened to?? I was thinking perhaps the stock location for the running boards, I have no idea. I guess I'll have to get under there and have a closer look. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any input on this. Thanks in advance!