Path gone

Guest fender

Well my Path of 10yrs (original owner) has been taken away from me. I was turning left onto a main street and a guy runs a red light in his Rodeo and T-bones the truck. THANK GOD no serious injuries but the Path has been totaled by the ins. co. I'm looking at really getting screwed on this by ins. and this truck was in perfect condition, no rust, 120,000 miles, well maintened in and out. I did receive word that the adjustor said the truck was in excellent condition though. A sad day.....

Anyone know how much I will probably get from this?

In my experience they will low-ball the first offer -- from your perspective this is a negotiation since this is not your insurance company. Once they call you with their offer, you need to remind the condition of the vehicle and provide them with a list of all the work you've done on it. It may be helpful if you can show them Pathys in similar condition selling at higher prices. I got a significant boost when this happened to me.

Good luck.

I finally heard from ins. today and they said $4200. I found a couple Paths w/in 50 miles of me that are selling around $5950 for the same year w/ similar mileage. I'm going to send this to them. I hope I can squeeze out a little more...

Dude, I'd go after them loaded with info. I just ran a general 94 SE with 120K miles at www.kbb.com in my zip (98030) and it came back with $7175 retail value. Their insurance should be replacing your vehicle with a like model and year, not screwing you and making you come up with a couple grand difference. Go after them! :contract:

hey man, i'm sorry to hear that. but what maritime was saying about getting it salvage. well you can do that. the ins. usually sends it out to a salvage car auction like copart. but how bad is the damage and is it worth buying it back and fixing it, remember that salvage cars or truck usually go for 30% of what the cars worth. so the cost of the truck and parts and maybe labor(if your going to do it yourself or have someone else do it) might be cheaper if you just let her go and get a new one. anyway, sorry to hear the loss of your pathy, i'd cry like forever. good luck buddy.

There's frame damage so I don't think buying it back will work. I sent the ins. co. some info on some similar Path's w/ similar mileage selling for 2K more than what they offered me. I'm still waiting.....

Ok, not really. Just print the above reply to use for insurance perposes. My pathy is really not for sale. Not worth 10 grand either. At least not to anyone else. Since I had the new engine put in, I do however have more than 10 grand in it. Of course I'm probably not the only one here with more in thier pathy than it's worth...

Good luck!!

JB