Dash Removal?

RustyButTrusty

You can check the FSM, it should all be in there. I have personally done it but to a square dash although I would imagine the round dash is similar. The procedure goes something like this:

1. Remove all switches by prying them out with a plastic friendly tool and unplugging them.
  2. Remove all dash trim covers.
  3. Remove the steering wheel.
  4. Remove the gauge cluser.
  5. Remove the top winshield defrost vents trim pieces with a plastic friendly tool and unbolt the bolts behind them.
  6. Remove the bolts down by the kick panels below from both sides.
  7. Pull out the dashboard.

• Like 1

I find it helps to keep a camera handy. Take pictures of everything you take apart, which screws go where, etc. It'll help when you're putting it all back together. :)

for sure. I always remember this when I'm halfway done with taking stuff out. It always messed me up when putting stuff back together.

"So, I think this screw goes here. Hmm...but it's too small. Look, it goes right through the hole. It doesn't even thread. Huh, that's weird. This is the only screw I have left...hmm, Maybe that one screw that seemed hard to put in was really the screw that went here. Nahhhh, that's not possible, I would have remembered. Well, maybe I'm wrong. Let's check. Now I took everything apart again, and I'm looking that screw dead in the face. Man, it's so hard to get back out since I forced it in. Oh never mind, I'm gettin' it. I'm gettin' it. Awww fskc, I stripped the screw hole :'( now the proper, smaller screw won't fit. ffffffffffffffff-"

for sure. I always remember this when I'm halfway done with taking stuff out. It always messed me up when putting stuff back together.

"So, I think this screw goes here. Hmm...but it's too small. Look, it goes right through the hole. It doesn't even thread. Huh, that's weird. This is the only screw I have left...hmm, Maybe that one screw that seemed hard to put in was really the screw that went here. Nahhhh, that's not possible, I would have remembered. Well, maybe I'm wrong. Let's check. Now I took everything apart again, and I'm looking that screw dead in the face. Man, it's so hard to get back out since I forced it in. Oh never mind, I'm gettin' it. I'm gettin' it. Awww fskc, I stripped the screw hole :'( now the proper, smaller screw won't fit. ffffffffffffffff-"

TWSS x7 jus' sayin.

Also, if you follow the steps step-by-step I would get several pieces of tape, sticky side out, write the step numbers, and place the screws on each step you marked on the tape..like

| TAPE BEGIN |

|Step 1 |

|. . . o |

The tape will hold the screws so you dont lose them! Duct tape works well for this purpose, as well.

Just an idea, but works for me when im doing something complicated..hope this helps!

I had the dash out of my 94 Hardbody more than a couple times. Tungsten has most of it covered if I remember right. The biggest pain was the getting the defrost vents out without snapping the clips. Just take your time, there really isnt anything bad about it.