1989 V6 Injectors

ennacac

Can I replace the TB injectors in my 1989 Pathfinder from the top without removing the TB?

Tom

I've been going round and round with mine!...lol. If you know they are bad you can pull them out from the top, but you will more than likely mess them up...They are expensive so make sure they are no good before you do. It's really not bad taking the TB off and using a 4.5 mil socket to get them out without hurting them...They may just need cleaning???

I looked at the TB and it seems like it will be a real pain just getting down to the point where I can take off the nuts holding it down, one nut seems almost impossible to get at.

Tom

I've been going round and round with mine!...lol. If you know they are bad you can pull them out from the top, but you will more than likely mess them up...They are expensive so make sure they are no good before you do. It's really not bad taking the TB off and using a 4.5 mil socket to get them out without hurting them...They may just need cleaning???

I looked at the TB and it seems like it will be a real pain just getting down to the point where I can take off the nuts holding it down, one nut seems almost impossible to get at.

Tom

I just took pics before I started so I would know where everything went back...just a 12 mil open end will get the nuts off the TB...I didn't have any problems with my 87. I here it's about the same as a 89. I had it off in about 30 min....and didn't even need the pics when I reinstalled it, because everything just fell back in place....Trust me, it's not as bad as you think. I'm no mechanic,and I didn't any problems, except I couldn't find the right gaskets locally, so I to make them. So save as much as you can of the old ones for a template.

There is a thread on here somewhere with the 89 Hardbody FSM that does have a procedure for this.

Scott.

• 7 months later...

My1Path wants to know; "What is Throttle Body Injection?" (TBI)

when you are in there take a CLOSE look at your mixture heater, if it has any signs of cracking do not put that back in there it can ruin your engine when it falls apart.

• 2 weeks later...

My1Path wants to know; "What is Throttle Body Injection?" (TBI)

when you are in there take a CLOSE look at your mixture heater, if it has any signs of cracking do not put that back in there it can ruin your engine when it falls apart.

VERY GOOD POINT!