wheel spacers for wider stance

crue313

Hello all. Soon. Hopefully i will be getting new tires and im pretty sure im doing a 235/75r15 which is factory. My question is I want to make my pathy have a slightly wider stance, can I safely use wheel spacers and run the risk of hurting anything? I'm not talking much just a little like 1-1.5 either side or whatever? Sorry if some of my questions are stupid bit I'm new to the off-road scene. For many years I've done the road coarse racing thing so somethings I don't know about these trucks. Thanks for the help.

I personally do not endorse wheel spacers but recommend you go with a wider rim and/or more backspacing. A common size rim people put on the early pathfinders are 15" diameter X 8" wide X 4" back spacing, but if you are going to run 235/75/15 tires, I'd recommend going with a 7" rim instead since that size roughly equates to 29" diameter X 9" wide.

B

Oh, I deleted the double posted thread.

have you priced out 4 wheel spacers? would be cheaper to just buy those nice black steel rims, with a better offset. Also, why the tiny tires? my pathy came with 31x10.5/15 stock.

wheel spacers are never a very good idea, even when they are well made. Well-made spacers would likely cost more than a set of decent wheels, and even then, they can radically accelerate wheel bearing wear, increase loading forces(wear) on the steering linkage, and increase the scrub radius of the front suspension(tire wear), adversely affect handling , and increases turning radius. The only use that makes any sense would be in racing where one is trying to fit the very largest tires possible without concern for the durability of any of the aforementioned components.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: on spacers, especially on daily drivers.

Edited by RJSquirrel

31s are a factory 'option' size, some had em some had smaller... Plenty of conversations about tire sizes all over the place but not the time or place here...

as for wheel spacers, I personally ain't a fan... as stated you could have a good chunk set aside for a set of aftermarket wheels. There will be added stress on the wheel bearings from them (same could be said about wider wheels too though depending on backspacing).