Factory fender flare question

wd21overland

Hello,

Since i've added my body lift and 33's i would like to install the factory fender flares on my pathy to give me alittle more tire coverage.

My question is there a difference in the fender flares from a 90-92 and 93-95 pathfinders.

I was told that the fenders change slighty from 93-95 along with the bumpers but not sure if that affected the flares.

I also was told i can use the front hardbody flares also just not the rear of course.

Yes, the main difference is how the mud flaps (which you probably will not need) integrate with the flares. The other small difference is that the newer flares are made for a smaller front valence than the older flares. That's about it and I am pretty sure that both will work for your year.

Hello,

Since i've added my body lift and 33's i would like to install the factory fender flares on my pathy to give me alittle more tire coverage.

My question is there a difference in the fender flares from a 90-92 and 93-95 pathfinders.

I was told that the fenders change slighty from 93-95 along with the bumpers but not sure if that affected the flares.

I also was told i can use the front hardbody flares also just not the rear of course.

Actually I think its 90-93, and then 94-95. My buddies 93 has a "two piece" where mine is more of a one piece.

the 93-95 wd21s have a different trim piece under the front bumper than the 87-92s, the front flares "tie into" this trim piece on the 87-92s as it is a plastic unpainted textured piece like the flares. The 93-95s have a metal painted-to-match piece that the flares don't tie into. either set will work as they have the same fenders, the exterior differences between the differeent wd21s are (besides the obvious 2 door/4 door differences) cosmetic and interchangeable (bumper styles, grill shells, stuff like that)

I have a rear flare from a 93, and its mounting points/mudflap mount are totally different from the damaged flare on my 95. Sounds like so long as you get flares from 93 or older you'll be good to go.

Seems like more than the dashboard changed between 93 and 94... interesting.

Also, IIRC my front flares do tie into the metal lip, they've got little metal clips.

Edited by Slartibartfast