Gettin' serious now

ID95PATH

Blue Belle, my 95 XE is getting some serious attention now. She was bought off a friend 3 years ago and has been my backup ride/weekend woodsrunner. With 130k+ miles, I new she needed a new timing belt but kept putting it off.

Anyway, she's been upgraded to my daily driver and therefore warrants a few "days at the spa." The first was the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, ect. My local mechanic is a great guy and quoted about $950 for the job but it ended up under $900...and he even swapped all drive belts while at it!

Next comes new feet. I've been reading up on all the tire talk here...and man is there some good discussions. Haven't made my pick yet, but snow performance is a high priority.

Other than those big ticket items, I need to fix the passenger side door lock (manual) and replace a couple blow speakers. I'm also going to figure out a rear cargo area cover.

Expect more posting!

At 130k it is not even 1/2 way used up. We actually consider anything barely over 100k just broken in... ;)

Tune up, fuel filter, lube the chassis, clean the MAF and enjoy the trouble free driving!!

B

Yep, that's my thinking. My primary car (subaru) was getting up there in miles and was going to start needing some TLC so I decided to sell it and focus on the pathfinder.

In a year or two I'll start shopping for a used econo commuter car, at which time I'll have a perfectly up-kept Blue Belle.

I'm assuming the MAF is the air filter.