Gas milage

GAS

Hi you all

I am proud owner of 1990 Pathfinder and it is V6 and automatic.

It have new spark plugs and tune allso K&N.

I am getting 132 km of 40,5 liters of gas !!!!! :wacko:

I think something is wrong here this is in town driving in 50% rear and 50% 4X4.

I think I have to buy gas station or maby they vill give it to me since the x-mas is near :D

Any ideas ?

I don't know the mileage on your vehicle but, you should replace your cap, rotor, and spark plug wires if you haven't already did so. You should also replace th PCV valve as well. Oh oh, and other big factor, is your Oxygen sensor. Replace that as well. There's not much you can really do to gas mileage really. If you still have the auto locking hubs up front, I'd recommend that you replace them to manual locking ones. It's been said it'll help you get some mileage back.

Whoa, that's REALLY bad !! You should be able to get at least double that average for 'normal' driving. My first guess would be the O2 sensor(trace/check the wires also), but something is definitely wrong !! Have you checked to see if you have a hole in the gas tank ?? :blink:

Bernard

well I did heve hole in the gas pipe that goes to the engine and I was not surpriced about the bad fuel milage.

But now it is fixed and still this bad fuel milage I am going to look on the PCV valve and OS replasement.

Hope it helps.

Thanks alot for this

Hi

Thanks for all your respond.

BUT !! I think that about 6 MPG in city driving just on slippery streets.

I would not be complaning if it was knee deep snow :rolleyes:

This is too much.

On highway driving just in rear drive at 56 mph it is around 10 MPG

This is too much :wacko:

GAS