Swivel Joint on Steering Linkage

OlBlue

I managed to damage the "swivel joint" on the relay rod (aka drag link). I have called around and it seems that the I need to buy the whole rod (drivers side to pax side) to replace it for 350$. It is just the joint at the end that is damaged. Does anyone know if you can get just the swivel joints or are they integral to the rod itself?

Edited by OlBlue

Are you talking about the centerlink? You can get the upgraded one from grassroots4x4 for less than that, or a regular centerlink is $150 on rockauto...

The ball joints are part of the link itself and can't be replaced separately that I know of.

Edited by sewebster

Holy crap 350 dollars is pricey. When I bought my moog one at partsource 3 years ago it was 260 dollars, and when I warrantied it this year I noticed the price had dropped to 215!

I don't think you can just change the ball joints. But if you plan on offroading the truck go with the grassroots4x4 upgraded one. If not a stock one will suffice.

I called the closest dealer and they said 350 so I called two closest after market places and they said 350 too.

I have to fly the part in no matter where it comes from so that is 350 before shipping. I decided try out the moog from the rock auto site, they charged 165$ and 75$ for shipping.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. You saved me a 100 bones before shipping.

I will have to wait and see how long it takes to get up here.