Alarm goes off on it's own ?

nessy357

I have a '97 Pathfinder, and the alarm goes off on it's own, and I don't have a remote as I don't use the alarm. In the past I was able to shut it off by inserting the key in the doorlock, apparently that tells the alarm it's a good key and not jimmied and is supposed to shut it off ? The dealership is 100Km away and i really don't trust them, they charged $1600 to someone else for the same problem.

Appreciate any help or tips, so I can start it, then I'll go buy another remote,

Cheers Bob.

I have a '97 Pathfinder, and the alarm goes off on it's own, and I don't have a remote as I don't use the alarm. In the past I was able to shut it off by inserting the key in the doorlock, apparently that tells the alarm it's a good key and not jimmied and is supposed to shut it off ? The dealership is 100Km away and i really don't trust them, they charged $1600 to someone else for the same problem.

Appreciate any help or tips, so I can start it, then I'll go buy another remote,

Cheers Bob.

Though i;'m not sure if the R50's have it, try looking under the driver seat, or even the passenger seat for a sensitivty switch, and switching it to low. :)

Hope this helps!

on 4x4parts .com forums there was a wire bypass that i did on my wd21 95 pathy then i was able to unplug the alarm box, what a pain it was randomly going off

I had a look there but couldn't find it ? possible to post a link ?

Cheers Bob.