Transmission or Transfer case not working

PATHRIDER

Hey guys im working on the wifes 92 hardbody and changed the transmission and transfer case which we pulled off of a 95 pathfinder. finished it up and no movement

Wouldnt it atleast have forward or reverse if the transmission is bad? Also on the transfer case I used the same oil that I used on the transmission which is dexron 3

Could it be a bad t-case or did I use the wrong oil

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks fellas

Are you sure that it is shifting into the gears? I don't know much about the automatic trannys but the factory service manual has a big section on troubleshooting. Have you downloaded it yet?

As for the ATF, it is just fine. The manual states ATF or gear oil, 75w-90 IIRC. Most people simply run what their tranny fills with...

B

Hey guys im working on the wifes 92 hardbody and changed the transmission and transfer case which we pulled off of a 95 pathfinder. finished it up and no movement

Wouldnt it atleast have forward or reverse if the transmission is bad? Also on the transfer case I used the same oil that I used on the transmission which is dexron 3

Could it be a bad t-case or did I use the wrong oil

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks fellas

pathfinder's were plagued with bad transmissions. most notably failing around the 170-200k mile mark. Are you sure the transmission functioned in the pathfinder? if not, it's very possible, and likely, that the transmission is bad.

Wassup B..been a long time..hope all is well on your end

anyhow I did some research and also called a local transmission guru here and was told that the torque converter is his guess..well Im pulling the tranny out anyways so im going to try and replace that converter and cross my fingers .will keep you guys posted

oh as far as shifting into gears I can feel some movement on the transmission

headin to the jy again tomorrow ..need anything while Im out there B? nothing big though :D

pathfinder's were plagued with bad transmissions. most notably failing around the 170-200k mile mark. Are you sure the transmission functioned in the pathfinder? if not, it's very possible, and likely, that the transmission is bad.

no way of telling on this one bud..We pulled it from a junkyard so you might be right but after talking to that transmission guy he said he has never worked on a pathy tranny that has no forward and reverse.

anyhow I did some research and also called a local transmission guru here and was told that the torque converter is his guess..well Im pulling the tranny out anyways so im going to try and replace that converter and cross my fingers .will keep you guys posted

oh as far as shifting into gears I can feel some movement on the transmission

headin to the jy again tomorrow ..need anything while Im out there B? nothing big though :D

Howdy Bud!! The calipers work great once I got the corrosion off of the battery contacts so they stopped shutting off randomly but I haven't installed the headlight bulbs yet. Need to rewire through relays first and I'm just too damn busy with the new house right now. What did I send you, glove box latch?? Wiring?? So many parts and so many people... :D

So yeah, all is well here and I hope the same is true for you (other than this tranny crap). :beer:

Let's see... I am looking for...

1999 R50 sunroof glass with good seals.

Xterra roof rack, early models only.

WD21 rubber window seals for the windshield and rear side windows.

WD21 headlight wiring plugs.

WD21 front corner lights.

Fit them all in a flat rate box and I'll buy you a lottery ticket!! :D

B

Damn, I forgot last night!! If you see this in time, I really need some upper control arm nuts, the ones that tighten the bushings on the spindles...

Either way, thanks Bud!! :beer:

B

got your list B and ill try ok bud

Fat chance on the xterra roofrack though :rofl:

1999 R50 sunroof glass with good seals.

Xterra roof rack, early models only.

WD21 rubber window seals for the windshield and rear side windows.

WD21 headlight wiring plugs.

WD21 front corner lights.

How many spindle nuts do you need bud?

LOL it's all good!! :D

A full set of 4 would be minimum, but 8 can't hurt, they are some odd size that is hard to find, M12x1.25 or M14x1.5, I can't remember which. Good luck and happy hunting... :aok:

B