Reconnect battery = keyless failure?

NissanNismoZ

So today i read the success stories of adding another maf ground...so i did.

And i knew, with any modification, id need to reset the ECU, so it can start fresh.

Well..my keyless was working perfectly..

i reconnect my battery..and now my alarm light is flashing rapidly, again. (before i bought the new alarm brains)

what did i do?? :(

Edited by NissanNismoZ

LOL what in the world, B :P

anyway..leaving it unplugged overnight didnt work.. i printed a few diagnosis/troubleshooting procedures from alldata, and nothing.. the only thing i havent done is tested the prongs..

any ideas before i have to completely tear into it??

• 2 weeks later...

The flashing light is an error indicator. Does it automatically start flashing as soon as you hook the battery up or when you try to arm the system with the the remote after hooking the battery back up?

Will the system do any of the following:

1) Obey the remote?

2) Arm/disarm with the driver door key?

3) Stop flashing when you change the switch position to auto or impact?

4) make any audiable sounds from the horn?

I hate to ask but are all the doors closed along with the hood and the pin switches including the one for the hood working properly? Is the hood pin opening and closing properly? (seen this cause problems from rust/gunk buildup as its exposed to the outside)

Yo can try also, change the switch on to off, unplug the battery and re-attach, turn back to auto or impact and then try arming.

The flashing light is an error indicator. Does it automatically start flashing as soon as you hook the battery up or when you try to arm the system with the the remote after hooking the battery back up?

Will the system do any of the following:

1) Obey the remote?

2) Arm/disarm with the driver door key?

3) Stop flashing when you change the switch position to auto or impact?

4) make any audiable sounds from the horn?

I hate to ask but are all the doors closed along with the hood and the pin switches including the one for the hood working properly? Is the hood pin opening and closing properly? (seen this cause problems from rust/gunk buildup as its exposed to the outside)

Yo can try also, change the switch on to off, unplug the battery and re-attach, turn back to auto or impact and then try arming.

The flashing light DOES start flashing as soon as its reconnected..

1) No, not even flash a light or anything.

2) No

3) No

4) Well..this one is sorta a no and a yes? When i reconnect the battery, it makes a quick beep. When i disco the battery..it takes a few seconds, then beeps

Actually, i had the hood open when i reconnected the battery.. but id assume it would allow this?

Not a bad idea, i'll try that now! Thanks for the reply!! It's really appreciated. :)

BTW Do pathys have a door light on the dash? coz i've never seen one.. you'd think if my switches werent working my int. lights wouldnt work as well?

My hatch sensor is kinda iffy..sometimes when i open it the light immediately comes on.. sometimes i have to open/close it twice or more to get the light to come on automatically..

BTW Do pathys have a door light on the dash? coz i've never seen one.. you'd think if my switches werent working my int. lights wouldnt work as well?

My hatch sensor is kinda iffy..sometimes when i open it the light immediately comes on.. sometimes i have to open/close it twice or more to get the light to come on automatically..

Some of the LE Pathys had a driver side courtesy lamp above the brake pedal. BTW its an easy install to do, just go to a junk yard, find a hardbody pickup or LE pathy and put it on yours, just plugs right in, the harness is under there unused. You can do the same for a glove box light :)

The hatch sensor might very well be the culprit in this instance, try disconnecting it and see if it will work. The vehicle wont armt with the hood up, thats what I was refering too. Definately check the hood pin for crud and that the wire is good.

It really sounds to me that the vehicle thinks there is a door open/pin short.

Some of the LE Pathys had a driver side courtesy lamp above the brake pedal. BTW its an easy install to do, just go to a junk yard, find a hardbody pickup or LE pathy and put it on yours, just plugs right in, the harness is under there unused. You can do the same for a glove box light :)

The hatch sensor might very well be the culprit in this instance, try disconnecting it and see if it will work. The vehicle wont armt with the hood up, thats what I was refering too. Definately check the hood pin for crud and that the wire is good.

It really sounds to me that the vehicle thinks there is a door open/pin short.

That would be nice!

But like..do they have the little red light on the dash itself? Like, say.. the light will look like a car with a door open..

Where is the hatch sensor? I've looked around and cant seem to find it..

I do know that i tried leaving the pathy's battery disconnected for 3 hours..and no luck.. (with the switch off)

The hood pin switch is good, i even took a wire brush to clean the contacts

Okay, so i have further information..

Today i got adventurous and thought id take the driver seat out.. so.

I found out, i reconnect it by the main harness and..tada! it works!!

I did more testing and came to the conclusion of, the alarm system does NOT like to be connected while the battery is being reconnected.. for some odd reason.. buut, its working and if anyone knows a way around this, just let me know! :D

But like..do they have the little red light on the dash itself? Like, say.. the light will look like a car with a door open..

Where is the hatch sensor? I've looked around and cant seem to find it..

Mine has a door open indicator. Maybe its a SE/LE thing? Or maybe your bulb is burnt out? Its next to all the other warning lights in the instrument cluster. And the hatch sensor is in the latch itself. Do a search, its something that likes to cause all sorts of issues.