AM Exhaust for a 98

GApathfinder

Howdy! I was wondering, if anyone knew a good site or brand that will have an exhaust set up for the 98. I've looked around at like, magnaflow, borla, flowmaster adn none of them have a set up for my year model, which is frustrating haha.

Thanks for any feedback!

I noticed based on the picture of your R50 that you are running dual fiberglass antennas. If you take constructive criticism well, please read my following post.

There is a lot of mis-information floating around out there about dual antennas and their purpose or performance.

The place you normally see dual antennas is on the big rigs. The antennas are normally mounted on the mirrors on either side of the truck. The reason large trucks use this configuration is because the size and shape of the cab and/or trailer would block the signal of one antenna mounted on one side of the truck. If for example they only had one antenna on the drivers side of the truck, much of their signal would not radiate out from the passenger side of the vehicle reducing their signal in that direction. The dual antennas create an effective way for large trucks to radiate a signal on both sides of their vehicle. This type of configuration also creates a front-to-back type of radiating pattern so that signal is emphasized to the front and the back of the truck which in the case of a trucker traveling down a long highway is a good thing.

To achieve the best radiating pattern dual antennas should be placed a 1/2 wave apart when installing. This is roughly 204 inches apart. The average width of a tractor/trailer is 102" which doesn't come close to meeting the proper spacing but because of their specific problems a dual antenna setup can be effective.

Dual antennas for most vehicles is not a practical venture as you can not place them far enough apart to maximize the dual antenna gain or radiating effect. An example would be the any vehicle where the dual antennas are mounted only 81 inches from each other. A number of things were done that would create problematic signal radiation. Antennas that are not above the height of the vehicle. They are mounted close to the vehicle body which would cause unwanted signal reflection, and they are mounted on the very back of the vehicle making the vehicles signal very directional)

Hope this helps.

^ neat info but nit exactly relevant to the topic at hand.

O.P. My personal experience I would personally suggest calling around your local exhaust shops. A good pipe bender can make whatever sound you want and make the tip(or tips if dials are your flavor) exit wherever you wish (within reason). I'd pesronally prefer a nice made right setup over a boxed multi piece bolt on kit anyway :aok:

^ neat info but nit exactly relevant to the topic at hand.

O.P. My personal experience I would personally suggest calling around your local exhaust shops. A good pipe bender can make whatever sound you want and make the tip(or tips if dials are your flavor) exit wherever you wish (within reason). I'd pesronally prefer a nice made right setup over a boxed multi piece bolt on kit anyway :aok:

My apologies for going off topic here, need to create a pinned post on CB antenna placements since I have a lot of experience with CB Radios since the 80's and 90's. Just noticed the picture and couldn't resist on providing some positive feedback that could help. Will move this to another section. Thanks Nunya.

I noticed based on the picture of your R50 that you are running dual fiberglass antennas. If you take constructive criticism well, please read my following post.

There is a lot of mis-information floating around out there about dual antennas and their purpose or performance.

The place you normally see dual antennas is on the big rigs. The antennas are normally mounted on the mirrors on either side of the truck. The reason large trucks use this configuration is because the size and shape of the cab and/or trailer would block the signal of one antenna mounted on one side of the truck. If for example they only had one antenna on the drivers side of the truck, much of their signal would not radiate out from the passenger side of the vehicle reducing their signal in that direction. The dual antennas create an effective way for large trucks to radiate a signal on both sides of their vehicle. This type of configuration also creates a front-to-back type of radiating pattern so that signal is emphasized to the front and the back of the truck which in the case of a trucker traveling down a long highway is a good thing.

To achieve the best radiating pattern dual antennas should be placed a 1/2 wave apart when installing. This is roughly 204 inches apart. The average width of a tractor/trailer is 102" which doesn't come close to meeting the proper spacing but because of their specific problems a dual antenna setup can be effective.

Dual antennas for most vehicles is not a practical venture as you can not place them far enough apart to maximize the dual antenna gain or radiating effect. An example would be the any vehicle where the dual antennas are mounted only 81 inches from each other. A number of things were done that would create problematic signal radiation. Antennas that are not above the height of the vehicle. They are mounted close to the vehicle body which would cause unwanted signal reflection, and they are mounted on the very back of the vehicle making the vehicles signal very directional)

Hope this helps.

SHows how much I know! lol Thank you for that info, much needed aswell. On those antennas I just kind of, stuck them on the car. Only one of them is wired also. The other one is just mounted on. Reason for those being there, is just the trend that most highschool kids such as myself have with rigs. Your point makes a lot of sense actually. So, with this being said, where is the very best place on the Pathfinder for just the one that is wired. The other one, I will just not use on the car. Also, I don't have a speaker for the CB yet, so as of right now all the unit is use for is the PA system. If you could also lemme know where I could get a speaker for the CB that would be great also.

Back on topic. Thank you Nunya for the info, I know of a few shops around here that could probably do some custom work for me (pipe bending), but it migth be a little expensive. Then again, I have no clue what it will cost. I will for sure, go to a few places to see whats possible. Thanks a lot for the help!