Did anyone custom order their Pathfinder from the factory?

jwblue

How much under MSRP did you pay?

What year?

Are dealerships usually tougher about coming down from the MSRP on a factory ordered vehicle as opposed to one on the lot?

Edited by jwblue

I got mine in 2001. SE, manual transmission, no Nav. I think it was around $29K.

I am getting the MSRP as $29,449.

Was the dealership tougher about bringing down the price on a factory ordered vehicle?

I ordered it online, using CarsDirect.com. They weren't selling them below MSRP at the time, because they were pretty rare back then, especially in the Southeastern region where I lived. I was in Pensacola Beach. CarsDirect located one, but at a dealership in Georgia. So the dealer contacted me, and the only thing off was the color. I wanted the Sahara Beige, but all they had was the Burnt Cherry. Also, it was really hard to find it in a manual transmission. All the dealers were ordering them in automatics. So anyway, I agreed to buy the car, and they shipped it right to my house for free. It showed up on a flatbed truck with 6 miles on the odometer.

Actually, I'm just now realizing that you wanted to know about ordering it from the factory, which I didn't. So I guess I didn't even answer your question at all...

Edited by Howie

I'm hearing too many "parents bought..." in this thread. blech.

:rofl: Indeed.

The PO of mine ordered it from the factory and the bill came to around $25,000 and that was back in 1991.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered mine....in 1997....don't recall the discount. But in theory dealer should discount more as they will have zero carrying costs for any inventory on it. On the other hand...they may be more motivated to clear a space on their lot with one that is already there.