OME Lift kit without struts?

Hi im new to the forum and i figured i would pick your guys's brains a bit. I am looking at getting a lift kit for my 2003 se pathfinder, as i am running on a tight budget i was thinking of saving a few bucks and getting the ome lift kit without the struts. My question is will my ride quality suffer much because i am not purchasing the struts with the lift kit and will it still be fairly flexy offroad. Also i was wondering what kind of tires i would be able to fit with this lift, i have 265/70/16's in mind but i am not a hundred percent sure they will fit. Any input will help guys, i apologize if there is already a post answering this question of mine i did do some searching and couldnt find anything.

How many miles are on your Pathy? More importantly, how many miles are on the currently installed struts?

Part of the reason why new struts are advised when installing new springs is that the labor to replace the strut is almost identical to the labor to replace the spring. Certain parts, like the strut upper mount and the strut bearing, tend to wear out and it makes more sense to replace those parts while you've got the whole strut assembly out of the vehicle the first time, rather than reuse old, worn parts that may need replacing soon.

Assuming you're still running the stock 16x7 wheels, 265/70R16's should fit.

How many miles are on your Pathy? More importantly, how many miles are on the currently installed struts?

Part of the reason why new struts are advised when installing new springs is that the labor to replace the strut is almost identical to the labor to replace the spring. Certain parts, like the strut upper mount and the strut bearing, tend to wear out and it makes more sense to replace those parts while you've got the whole strut assembly out of the vehicle the first time, rather than reuse old, worn parts that may need replacing soon.

Assuming you're still running the stock 16x7 wheels, 265/70R16's should fit.

Well the struts along with the rest of the suspension were replaced a little less than a year ago as my pathfinder has about 166k miles on it so i think they should be fine, but i was planning on eventually getting the struts replaced once i got the money. I was wondering if anyone on here has installed the ome kit w/out the struts and has had good results from it?

265/70/16's will definitely fit, I have the ome rear suspension but am still running stock up front. I have 265/70/16 bfg at's. They rubbed a little at full lock in reverse when new, but now they don't seem to.. 40000 kms later

265/70/16's will definitely fit, I have the ome rear suspension but am still running stock up front. I have 265/70/16 bfg at's. They rubbed a little at full lock in reverse when new, but now they don't seem to.. 40000 kms later

Did that end up leveling out your ride or does it look staggered and awkward. i was thinking about doing the ome rear suspension with 1inch strut spacers upfront since the struts are fairly new. how much did that end up costing you for everything, i was hoping to keep it under 400 dollars for everything? And how capable are you offroad?

Since your struts are fairly new, I wouldn't recommend replacing them any time soon. Just wait to replace them when they wear out. New struts don't have any performance advantages over older, but still perfectly functioning ones, with a lift or without a lift.

Here is a link to the thread i started, it does sit a bit staggered, but i tow/load up the back of my pathy a lot so i like it much better than when it used to sag. I decided that i would wait about 6 months for the new springs to settle, and if there is still a lot of rake, i might order the nx4 strut spacers to even it out a little. The total for the rear springs and shocks was 355.99 after tax and shipping. I ordered the ome shocks too, but you can probably find cheaper shocks.. i dont do a lot of offroading, but regularly drive up 4wd logging roads and atv trails for camping and biking. i think it handles quite well but an extra inch might be nice up front for some steeper terrain at some point to help with my approach angle.

My link

Here is a link to the thread i started, it does sit a bit staggered, but i tow/load up the back of my pathy a lot so i like it much better than when it used to sag. I decided that i would wait about 6 months for the new springs to settle, and if there is still a lot of rake, i might order the nx4 strut spacers to even it out a little. The total for the rear springs and shocks was 355.99 after tax and shipping. I ordered the ome shocks too, but you can probably find cheaper shocks.. i dont do a lot of offroading, but regularly drive up 4wd logging roads and atv trails for camping and biking. i think it handles quite well but an extra inch might be nice up front for some steeper terrain at some point to help with my approach angle.

My link

thanks alot for the help, is there any 1nch hd rear springs instead of the 1/2 inch i was thinking about doing that so i wont have to worry about any sagging and so it will be completely even when i add the nx4 spacers

thanks alot for the help, is there any 1nch hd rear springs instead of the 1/2 inch i was thinking about doing that so i wont have to worry about any sagging and so it will be completely even when i add the nx4 spacers

No theres just the MD rear springs, but personally im pretty sure i got well over an inch, the difference in height measured at the fenders was about 3 inches compared to the stock rear springs with 250000 kms on them.