General Maintenance

pathfinder93x

Hey guys tomorrow I'm going to do a bit of general maintenance and wanted to know your advice on a couple things. I have a 95 pathfinder lifer 3 inch suspension and 3 inch body with 33inch.

1. What type of grease is best for the torsion bars/how should I apply it?

2. Are there any specific parts in the front suspension that I can grease as I'm getting alot of squeaking.. (whats the best product for this)

3. Any recommendations on types of break fluid/power steering fluid?

Thanks everyone

Brake fluid - any DOT4. DOT4 is completely compatible with DOT3 and has a higher boiling point than DOT3, and is roughly the same price.

Power steering fluid - use a synthetic ATF as power steering systems can run quite hot. Mobil 1 ATF is easily found at your local auto parts store, but it can be somewhat expensive. Valvoline MaxLife is a cheaper alternative and I believe it is fully synthetic.

I don't know about the suspension grease/lube, sorry. I'd imagine a synthetic grease would work well, perhaps something moly-fortified would be good. Don't forget to grease the front driveshaft either (FSM doesn't seem to display a grease fitting for the rear driveshaft).

Have you changed your fuel filter and differential oils at some point relatively recently?

Edited by Towncivilian

There should be bolts on the oem universal joints in the rear driveshaft, take them out and put some zerks in for greasing. The front drive shaft has a zerk on the slip fitting. Make sure that's nice and lubed. I would start by lubing all your front end parts (Valvoline moly-ep I think thats what it is called, is a great grease, nice and thick) and then look into worn control arm or tension rod bushings for the squeaking if that doesn't solve it. I've never heard of anyone greasing the torsion bars before since they sit in splines and don't' really move.