New front bumper

sure does, I was thinking of the KMA bumper

I love my KMA bumper! The way I set it up it is very solid, I did a

dragging the truck with the wheels locked and the bumper didn't flex at all. I will have to get pictures for you. The way they sent it it bolts up to the tow hook locations and just had blank tabs where the factory bumper mounts were. After bolting it up I put the factory bumper brackets back in and drilled and bolted them to the blank tabs. Very solid! I even bulldozed a few small trees with it already.

James

Ok got some pics

The KMA isn't a one piece bumper, they probably make a generic bumper and make brackets for different vehicles. My camera apparently didn't want to wake up this morning because all the pics I tried of the full bracket came out like this.

009resized-1.jpg

You can still see how the bracket is made and bolts up.

I don't have a body lift and apparently they never made brackets for no body lift because they were too high, that is why I have the flat bar between the bracket and frame. I also used longer bolts than the ones they supplied. The good thing about this design is if I go with a body lift later I just need to make spacers to go between the bumper and brackets.

008resize.jpg

007resized-2.jpg

Here's a underside shot of the factory brackets bolted to the blank tab on the bumper

003resized-1.jpg

And top side

004resized-2.jpg

I see I got some rust going on under there, maybe I should wash it more often. Lol!

James

• Like 1

washing doesnt stop rust, sandpaper and new paint will though it to like the look of the tag/kma bumper i found a old warn winch bumper on my way up to mt st helens yesterday, the guy would sell it :thumbsdown: damn truck looked like it hadnt moved in 10 years

• 2 months later...

:coolpics: those pics of the mounts are really helpful thanks

Ok got some pics

The KMA isn't a one piece bumper, they probably make a generic bumper and make brackets for different vehicles. My camera apparently didn't want to wake up this morning because all the pics I tried of the full bracket came out like this.

009resized-1.jpg

You can still see how the bracket is made and bolts up.

I don't have a body lift and apparently they never made brackets for no body lift because they were too high, that is why I have the flat bar between the bracket and frame. I also used longer bolts than the ones they supplied. The good thing about this design is if I go with a body lift later I just need to make spacers to go between the bumper and brackets.

008resize.jpg

007resized-2.jpg

Here's a underside shot of the factory brackets bolted to the blank tab on the bumper

003resized-1.jpg

And top side

004resized-2.jpg

I see I got some rust going on under there, maybe I should wash it more often. Lol!

James