S. O. S. No reverse gear

smoke

Out of no where the reverse gear stops working no warning to me at all....There has not been any slipage at all in reverse....there is a little slipage in between 1st and 2nd gear, also sometimes haard shifting at highway speeds if I need to accerate quickly....otherwise truck runs seamless...

First time this has happened to me in any vehicle. HELP PLEASE....lol

She has about 181k, fluid is good and clean, unknown weither it was flushed or maintained its only a month old to me. And the previous owner was a mech head.

I do have the other truck in my back yard, and the tranny is good in it.... just dont have the money to swap em out ot the tools to try it...

mech head? or meth head? lol.

I wasn't aware of the R50's having transmission issues, but that's right around the mileage the the WD21's autos fail...

What does the fluid smell like? does it smell burnt, is it still bright red, or is it like a burgundy color? I would try just draining it, and refilling with the amount that drained with new fluid and see if there is any change.

mech head- someone who is seriously in to machanics.......but I cant go back to them and ask what he has done to the truck cuz he died due to cancer back in march....fluid was clean and red, like it should be not burnt or off smelling

If it was a lose connection....all of the shifter gearing would be lose (right)?.... SEAFOAM for trans...will have to look for that...

you most likely have debris caught-up in the shift plate and will need a reverse-flow pressure flush or rebuild the shift plate, if there is slipage then count on replacing the tq converter now instead of later cause it will fail if it has slipped, its just a question of when lol

R50's have the same trans issues as WD21s, reverse going is the precursor to total failure

Not really. The inherent issue with the WD21 is the factory transmission cooler clogging. They redesigned the cooler.

But yes, generally on an RE4 reverse is the first to go. Hope it's something else.

I dont really have a way to check what is going on with it....Im not taking it in and havin people look at it where it will cost money to drop it out and figure out what is wrong...Sooooo, Im going to simply just swap out the tranny's form my red R50 to the black R50. After the swap is done I am going to strip down the red one....Pretty much everything is coming off her... Will be making another post for that specifically....