4x4 parts 2 inch lift kit

matty012

hi, just hoping someone can tell me why when ya get a 2 inch lift kit off 4x4 parts it says this

You must purchase aftermarket wheels with 3.75" negative backspace when installing this lift.

im in australia and the 2 inch kits here are around $2500 (so i been told,) so im looking at these ones but seeing as i cant just run up the road and say oi this is @!*%. im gonna ask on here if they are any good?

a lot of people run those coils and really like them. i just recently installed OME on mine, but that's just a preference thing.

they appear to be pretty good quality, and don't worry about their wheel recommendation. stock wheels work just fine on it. if you upsize to larger wheels, you may need to get spacers to clear the tire from the strut/coil.

I run the lift from 4x4 parts and it is awesome just make sure you install it right and stuff like that....i do experience "axel pop" quite a bit with this lift i have been trying to figure out how to eliviate some of this but havent figured it out yet

Axle pop? Elaborate please.

Unless you're talking about the struts topping out. That's going to happen be ause the struts are topping out since the coils are taller than stock and the struts we all put on are stock length.

Only way to get rid of the top out bang is to get some straps.

hi, just hoping someone can tell me why when ya get a 2 inch lift kit off 4x4 parts it says this

You must purchase aftermarket wheels with 3.75" negative backspace when installing this lift.

im in australia and the 2 inch kits here are around $2500 (so i been told,) so Im looking at these ones but seeing as i cant just run up the road and say oi this is @!*%. im gonna ask on here if they are any good?

Just to answer your question, it says that not because of the lift but because if you up your tire size when you get the lift it your tires will rub the strut. You can get around this using wheel spacers on the front. Or don't go too big with your tires, I ran 275/70 R16s for 3 years it had about 1mm clearance from the strut.

I live in the UAE and I just got the A/C springs in the back of my truck, they are fine (I preferred the stiffer MD OME but they don't give as much lift) but when I got them here my mechanic asked me why the hell I ordered from the states when Patrol springs fit just fine in the back of a Pathfinder and would give 2 to 3 inches of lift. Anyway I don't know for sure if this is true but it might be worth looking into. :my2cents:

...my mechanic asked me why the hell I ordered from the states when Patrol springs fit just fine in the back of a Pathfinder and would give 2 to 3 inches of lift...

When I looked into Patrol springs, they had a pigtail on the top which would require cutting similar to the JEEP springs people are using now. There could hoever be suspension differences with UAE models??? I was looking at the two Aussie units imported into Canada.

When I looked into Patrol springs, they had a pigtail on the top which would require cutting similar to the JEEP springs people are using now. There could hoever be suspension differences with UAE models??? I was looking at the two Aussie units imported into Canada.

Yeah, like I said I do no know for sure. My mechanic is good and could probably make any springs fit but he is not always right.