Bare wires

I am finally starting to work on this 2 door pathfinder and first thing i noticed was these wires are bare and were touching.

Engine turns over but doesn't crank.So I am searching for the cause.

Even if this isn't the cause,what do these wires go to so I can at least check on it and fix the bare wires.

thanks guys

wireconnector.jpg

that would be your crank angle sensor. without it your truck will not know when to spark and when to fire the injectors.

Fix it or replace and if nothing else is wrong you should be up and running.

that would be your crank angle sensor. without it your truck will not know when to spark and when to fire the injectors.

Fix it or replace and if nothing else is wrong you should be up and running.

it has been a few months since i got this thing and it has loose wires all over the place.But when i got ti home,I tossed in a battery and it turned over.I was going to see if i lucked out on these bare wires and hoping since i have them off each other,it might crank but i cannot remember where all of these other wires went.

the one cirled in black at least gave me power to the key and lites.pathy doesn't crank though.i can hear a slight click.

the one in yellow is from a harness and i have no idea where it went.I assumed on the POS side of the battery but it didn't hlp with the startng.

any ideas?

battrerywires.jpg

Start click is pretty common, there's a solenoid in the starter that can get iffy. Or, your starter contacts may be dirty/corroded; given the mud (I hope that's mud) in your pics, you could easily just have dirty terminals. Clean them up, screw them back in, see if that helps.

If you can, clean up the engine bay a bit. It'll make working on it a lot easier.

You have a two door MPFI truck?? lucky dog!

I'd check all the relays and fuses as crossed wires don't play nice with them.

yes,it's a MPFI 2 door.

first wires I saw were the above wires that were touching on the wiring harness from the crank angle sensor as My1Path stated.

What fuses would I need to look for from that resulting touching of wires?

:suicide: