98 Pathfinder woes...

Well...you can get em on there...but Rancho will tell ya they don't make one for the R50. Link to their catalog below...check out page 54 or so for Nissans. The ones AC sells....you can get them on there...but one of the bolts...believe it is the lower...is of somewhat smaller diameter than the piece on the shock...so unless you rig up some sort of shim or something...they'll be a little play in there. Again...you can get em on....and not saying you'll have a problem....but Rancho will tell ya they don't make a shock for the vehicle...and personally I wouldn't put them on. I informed AC and they said they know better than the shock manufacturer themselves. FWIW that's pretty blatant and intentional misrepresentation...not trying to make it more than what it is...but that is...what it is...just saying.

http://www.gorancho.com/catalog.php

Interesting. I'll let you guys know if my rig goes down in flames. :lol:

Interesting. I'll let you guys know if my rig goes down in flames. :lol:

I'm glad you mentioned that...because of the gap between the bolt and the collar....sparks could generate and when you are making a right turn into a headwind downhill on a Sunday the sparks could make their way to the fuel line and kaboom!!! :fireworx::itsallgood:

:)

• 3 months later...

JUST ORDERED THE AC 2" LIFT AND WARN HUBS!!!!!!! The shipping was $142 PARCEL SNAIL MAIL!!! OUCH!!! Great customer service at 4x4parts.com already though!

if you want a higher lift you can go to krfabs.com they have a four+ inch lift kit you can purchase

• 4 weeks later...

I beg to differ. i have Rancho RS5000 shocks on my R50 right now and i ordered them right from the manufactures and they were specifically for an R50. said right on the page. And they have caused me no grief. rides like a champ.

Well...you can get em on there...but Rancho will tell ya they don't make one for the R50. Link to their catalog below...check out page 54 or so for Nissans. The ones AC sells....you can get them on there...but one of the bolts...believe it is the lower...is of somewhat smaller diameter than the piece on the shock...so unless you rig up some sort of shim or something...they'll be a little play in there. Again...you can get em on....and not saying you'll have a problem....but Rancho will tell ya they don't make a shock for the vehicle...and personally I wouldn't put them on. I informed AC and they said they know better than the shock manufacturer themselves. FWIW that's pretty blatant and intentional misrepresentation...not trying to make it more than what it is...but that is...what it is...just saying.

http://www.gorancho.com/catalog.php