Starting issues

I've been having intermittent starting issues lately. When I start to crank, nothing happens - no click or other sound. If I try cranking again, it might do nothing again or start up. The security LED is not lit when this happens, so it is not a problem with NVIS. Battery terminals are tight and free of corrosion, and battery voltage with ignition off is 12.63 volts. Battery is 7-8 months old, starter and alternator OEM. I have 124.5k miles.

I'll try cleaning the battery terminals again (perhaps both ends if the other ends are easily accessible), and maybe swap the ignition relay with the blower motor relay in case the relay is flaking out. I will also have Nissan test my battery and maybe alternator if they'd do that for free. Where is the starter located? I'd like to verify connections there. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Towncivilian

To be honest that is exactly what happened when my 93's starter went out. Usually if the battery is low it will make a bunch of rapid clicking sounds. If it doesn't start, you can try lightly tapping on the starter with a hammer or something. If it starts right after that you have found the culprit.

Sounds like it could be a bad starter solenoid to me. give it a whack with a hammer and see if that helps. If it does you'll eventually need to replace the starter. You can only hit it with a hammer so long before it stops working completely.