Manual Air Conditioning

teixeira

Hi all,

I need some help regarding the manual air conditioning.

I don't it but I bought all the parts needed so that I can put it in place.

The thing is, on the Evaporeator Box there's on top a small plug, but I can't find the wires for it....

From the Service Manual I can say that it is the Thermo Control Amp. but doesn't show how to plug it or where are the wires for it.

Is this a thing for the Automatic Air Cond. and not for the Manual?

184gv.jpg

Thanks for the help.

That's the one and I can't find it... on my Service Manual only shows it for the automatic...

Is there a chance that I don't have the plug and have to wire it myself? if so I'm screwd.

Oh, forgot to say that on the Auto Air Conditioner section says, quote:

"Thermo Control Amp.:

The thermo control amplifier is installed on the top of the cooling unit. It detects the temperature of the evaporator using a thermistor and turns the compressor on or off"

Do you also have this on your manual? Just can't understand if this makes sense for the manual. :scratchhead:

Edited by teixeira

It should be taped up in the loom with blue tape if I remember correctly, Although some didn't have the short pigtail and it came in the install kit.

You might have to go to JY and get the pigtail

Edited by vagabond

Yeap, it shows but doesn't say anything about it nor connected like in the Auto section does.

That's why I was in doubt and confused.

And I can't find the freacking plug under the dash :angry: was hoping it was only for Auto.

Edited by teixeira

I thought I'd check the wiring on the 88 prod. date 05-88 anyway here's a pic of the wiring it's in the loom with the plug for the resistor block4b62ecb0-c6d9-4888-bdb1-922b41cd38d6.jpg

Here's another of the 94 prod date 2-94

8646a636-fe2e-4f9f-83d2-7e37b819ed9b.jpg

I guess the pigtail I mentioned in the earlier post was for the86 1/2 hb and 87s

I know when I installed the a/c in my 87 I had to go back to the JY and get the pigtail. Anyway hope the pics help

Thanks man it really helps, pics are always better. :aok:

Hope I can find it or going to a JY for a Terrano or Pathfinder will be really difficult to find and with AC...

By the way when you got the pigtail can you tell where it goes? is it for the ac switch?

As you can see from the pics the plug for the evap comes off the loom that goes to the fan resistor, on my 87 when I installed the JY A/C the the plug for the pigtail came out of the main loom above the heater box.

Neither the 88 or the 94 I have now needed the pigtail the plug for the evap, it was already in the loom going to the resistor block. If you can't see the plug maybe it was cut off by the other owner, I'd check the loom going to the resistor block and maybe even open it up to see if you can find the wires you need the basic colors should be blue and green

Now I get it :jig: thanks for the help. :aok:

I removed the glove box only to search for it, in this case I might have to pull the dash out... but I don't believe that the previous owner would cut it off and now I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Thank you, thank you and thank you. B)