Auto hub... not t case

06chill

I was wondering if anyone has put the auto hubs from an 02 ish frontier or xterra on there r50 with a manual t case. my wife drives the car most the time and i still would like her to be able to lock up the 4x4 without having to get out and lock up the hubs on the manual hubs. So i am wondering if the auto lock hubs from the xterras and frontiers will work.

Did your pathfinder come with manual hubs? If not then you already have auto hubs. If you do have manual hubs you can just leave them locked if you do not want to get out and lock them. I find them better than auto hubs because unlocked they end up saving you money in the end by minimizing the wear on your front drivetrain and CV's along with give you better gas milage. Plus xterra or frontier hubs wouldn't fit because there CV axle spline count is different.

I cannot remember if auto hubs from an X or Frontier will work on the Pathy. I think they do, but I forget how they're assembled inside. Although the axle spline counts are the same, the length of the axle may be a little shorter on the R50 and may not engage the auto hubs in the same way as drive flanges or Warn Premium manual hubs.

This application chart indicates that Warn part 29091 works on Frontiers, Xterras, and Pathfinders:

http://www.warn.com/truck/hubs/premium_application_chart.shtml

OK, here we go.

96-04 Pathfinder have "drive flanges" that are always locked. So when you engage 4x4, you're all ready to go. Downside is even in 2WD the front drive train is still spinning.

You can get manual hubs to unlock them when not using 4x4 (WARN or Mile Marker) and lock them when you want 4x4 or when you think you'll be using it.

NOTE- I see you have a 2003 Pathifinder. I also see you noted you have a manual T-case, in which case never mind. If you have the auto T-case (the knob) then please be careful when changing hubs and using them as it is easy to mess up the transfer case).

The Frontiers and Xterras won't fit on Pathfinders. But, the older 90-95 hubs fit. Some of these came with "auto hubs" that engage and disengage "automatically". These may be what you want. BUT, these are, well, not worth it in my opinion. Not as string as the stock drive flange and manual hubs. I would talk to the WD21 guys about these auto-hubs if this is what you are looking for, but again, not really the best option.

Jose

Edited by 180sx