Speedo Cable NLA? Another question from a needy newB

First Thanks for all of the help to date! This forum is refreshingly drama, kid free, and all of the answers/help I have gotten has been very clear and spot on.

NOW the latest hurdle I am trying to overcome... Speedometer Cable.

I just got a call from the garage who is doing the mechanical restoration on my 1988 Pathfinder and he let me know the Nissan dealer told him the speedometer cable's for the 88 WD21's are No Longer Available?

Does anyone know where I can get a speedo cable? He is going to try to remove my instrument cluster and see if he can repair the existing cable but I am not counting on a success.

Thanks again!

Andrew

Did you check a parts site like rockauto.com possibly? Maby a used one would suffice? (from someone parting out here or a junkyard?). I'm 99% sure all cable driven wd21 speedos have the same cable and possibly 4x4 HBs (hardbody p/u's) as well so you 'should' be able to search up to 1992 for one that will interchange.

Did you check a parts site like rockauto.com possibly? Maby a used one would suffice? (from someone parting out here or a junkyard?). I'm 99% sure all cable driven wd21 speedos have the same cable and possibly 4x4 HBs (hardbody p/u's) as well so you 'should' be able to search up to 1992 for one that will interchange.

Ok I checked with RockAuto and they do not stock Speedo cables for the WD21 Pathfinder. Great source though as they do stock lots of other parts.

That said I decided to call my local Nissan dealer's parts department. The mechanic working on the car supposedly called his local Nissan dealer. Well the good news is Nissan has 8 of these cables left in dealer inventory in their warehouse in NJ. $99.00 was a bit of a ouch but at least I will have a working speedo and odo.

Thanks Nunya~!

• 2 weeks later...

that is a little hit on the pocket, but as you said... at least you'll be workin right! Might be able to start enjoyin that thing soon :aok:

Assuming this is a 1988 V6 with 5 speed we actually have one in stock....... $48.36

I am showing plenty of availability for all models in the master warehouse......

contact me and I can get it to you.

Assuming this is a 1988 V6 with 5 speed we actually have one in stock....... $48.36

I am showing plenty of availability for all models in the master warehouse......

contact me and I can get it to you.

Thanks! Unfortunately for me, I spent the $90. at my local dealer. The shop installed the new cable and I now have a working speedo.

That said I am looking for:

- a battery hold down bracket

- two blue door lock knobs (PO dog chewed them off)

- a blue drivers side seat belt receiver end

- blue rear view mirror with blue attachment point cover

Thanks

Thanks! Unfortunately for me, I spent the $90. at my local dealer. The shop installed the new cable and I now have a working speedo.

That said I am looking for:

- a battery hold down bracket

- two blue door lock knobs (PO dog chewed them off)

- a blue drivers side seat belt receiver end

- blue rear view mirror with blue attachment point cover

Thanks

reply off list