mounting Off-Road Lights?

Guest tif22

Hi,

I was wondering where is a good place to mount my Off Road lights.

I took them off my old truck (lada Niva) where they were attached to the brush bar and now I am wondering how to put them on my new pathy '95 XE.

Does anyone have the mounted through the grill or bumper?

I don't really like them when mounted to the licence plate bolts they look too close together.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

-tif

I've got a 90 Pathfinder and mounted them on the top of my bumper. Drilled two holes and bought a set of pilot mounting brackets to make the instal look pretier. I wanted to mount them high enough for rough driving, so I wouldn't be replacing lenses every week.

If you use this method remember to leave enough space between the grill and the lights for adjustments up and down. I just barely left enough and when adjusted to the right height the back part of my lights rest against the grill.

Denis

I've got a question about mounting driving lights on the roof rack. Does it increase the visibility in fog, rain and snow?

The reason I ask this is, when your driving in these conditions and turn on your brights you seem to see less than with your dims, so does it make a difference if your lights are mounted high and sort of in behind you?

Just curious <_<

on my '95, I mounted my fogs on the front cow-guard. There's a pic in the 'what can you fit' topic. If I were doing off-road lights, I'd want them high... like on the roof for better illumination of the trail.

Oops! I read the posts a little to fast. I thought you where looking to add some off road light/fog lights. I didn't even notice that you had them from your previous vehicle :P . Hope this helps?

I've got a question about mounting driving lights on the roof rack. Does it increase the visibility in fog, rain and snow?

The reason I ask this is, when your driving in these conditions and turn on your brights you seem to see less than with your dims, so does it make a difference if your lights are mounted high and sort of in behind you?

Just curious <_<

Not that I know of, the reason you cant see good in fog with brights on is they are pointing up higher. The way fog lights work (to the best of my knowledge) they aim really low to the ground to help you see whats right in front of you.

Correct me if Im wrong.

The main reason for fog lights to be placed low or pointing down is to minimize the reflection of light back into your vision. With dense fog or heavy snowfall, the reflection from normal headlights will nearly prevent you from seeing the ground. I drive with just the fogs on when it's like that.

• 1 year later...