HELP! Gas Smell!

Reshma

I hit a pot hole pretty hard (40mph) on saturday and every since i have had this crazy heavy smell of gas in the truck when driving. It comes from the front of the truck and I dont know where to look for a leak. Its strong. As if my pant were soaked in gas and were wrapped around my neck(windows closed). With the windows open i still smell it unless im on the high way. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Check your fuel filter hose connections along with other fuel lines. The fuel filter will be mounted somewhere on the firewall. I don't know where the rest of the fuel lines will be.

Well, here's where the FSM says the fuel filter is for a VG30E:

94fuelfilter.png

I own an R50 so I don't know exactly where that is. But the fuel filter will be a silver canister. Verify the hoses are on snugly on both ends and the clamps are tightened and about 3mm from the hose ends. Try to follow the fuel lines to see if there's any leaks or damage.

Well, here's where the FSM says the fuel filter is for a VG30E:

94fuelfilter.png

I own an R50 so I don't know exactly where that is. But the fuel filter will be a silver canister. Verify the hoses are on snugly on both ends and the clamps are tightened and about 3mm from the hose ends. Try to follow the fuel lines to see if there's any leaks or damage.

kk thanks billion

I hit a pot hole pretty hard (40mph) on saturday and every since i have had this crazy heavy smell of gas in the truck when driving. It comes from the front of the truck and I dont know where to look for a leak. Its strong. As if my pant were soaked in gas and were wrapped around my neck(windows closed). With the windows open i still smell it unless im on the high way. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Try the hose that runs between the fuel rais on the front of engine as well the clamps on eather side back off over time so they start to leak fuel when under pressure from the fuel pump. It is easy to fix. there are a few threads on it if you use the :search: function.

Off a quick inside forum search

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/just_cuz_37.gif

Try the hose that runs between the fuel rais on the front of engine as well the clamps on eather side back off over time so they start to leak fuel when under pressure from the fuel pump. It is easy to fix. there are a few threads on it if you use the :search: function.

Off a quick inside forum search

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/just_cuz_37.gif

Thanks also. LOL.

I have read that topic before. I asked my dad to check a month or two ago and he said it was fine. I will check myself. He does shotty work when it comes to my truck ;)

If you havent foudn it, i recently changed my fuel filter, and it's located just behind the power steering fluid reservoir, which is directly behind the battery. Hope this helps and you get the smell out!!

If you havent foudn it, i recently changed my fuel filter, and it's located just behind the power steering fluid reservoir, which is directly behind the battery. Hope this helps and you get the smell out!!

I like the smell ;)

But i dont wanna waste gas.