headlight measurement help for HID conversion

edicer2

Hey I was wondering if anyone has a extra OEM headlight sitting around that they could somehow measure on the inside of the light from the front glass to the back side of the inside of the light housing where the bulb goes. I would do it to mine but its my dd so it cant really be done for aperiod of time yet until i can just drive one of my z's. I know someone has a extra light laying around they can measure.

needs to fit this length so be more than 10cm from the front of the light to the rear and i think it will be close

480-one.jpg

Hopefully that makes sense its kind of confusing lol.

I want to see if these fit.... and if it works im going to do the same to my red z and retrofit something in the gray z

480-seven.jpg

http://www.carpartslights.com/universal-bixenon-projector-hid-kit-hilo-angel-eye-p-480.html?zenid=vv4k6l5utd865ulcndmk21v5t2

into these housings that i already have on my pathy i am sick of having ****** lighting(obviously u need to melt it appart and take that little reflector off)

02-AZ-NH88-C-1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-95-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-88-95-HARDBODY-HEADLIGHTS-LAMPS-/280661763788?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1992|Model%3APathfinder&hash=item4158bea6cc

here is the HOW TO im going off of.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/77719-diy-hid-bixenon-projector-retrofit-w-ccfl-ring-detailed-installation-pics.html

Edited by edicer2

i have like 4-5 ballasts and maybe 6-8 hids bulbs and the wiring at home i have bought so many kits for the z's and my pathy so im not worried about that. Ill keep you guys posted though. It would be nice to get a measurement because i cant really take mine apart as its my dd so i dont have any downtime for it. I also cant measure mine since i have that reflector in there so i need someone to measure a OEM one.

Pretty much all that needs to be done is for someone to take their bulb out and stick a tape measure in their housing and tell me how much room there is from the inside of the front glass to the inside of the rear housing so i know if that hid kit will fit in there.

Edited by edicer2

It's difficult to measure the inside of the housing as there is a bulb shield in the way... but I do have two pathy headlight housings sitting on my back seat... I could do an outside measurement and you go from there?

hmm so i would be cutting it close then with those projectors. I think i might still give it a try anyways! lol thanks for measuring that that helps alot! I will keep you posted if it works or not

cool. i swapped my truck over to hard body buckets, and plan on picking up E code H4 housings for possible HIDs, which is why I had a spare housing to measure. If you want me to measure anything else, lemme know.