2" lift, torsions maxed out

u13turbo

Hey guys, on my 91 terrano i done a 2" rear sping lift and wound torsions up, the torsions are even with back but are sitting on top bumpstops, im guessing its gonna be putting alot more strain on all the front end components? I have just had to put a new draglink and dont want to spend much more on these parts. How much should i low it?

Something sounds wrong here. How did you measure the front lift? You should follow the procedure in the manual to get it right. Maybe you actually wound it up more than 2"?

I had to reindex them first, i dont think it would be more than 2" as it sits pretty even with the rear and them springs were meant to be 25mm lift(alot more due to sag from old springs)

I had to reindex them first, i dont think it would be more than 2" as it sits pretty even with the rear and them springs were meant to be 25mm lift(alot more due to sag from old springs)

hey mate, how long ago did you do the springs? sometimes they have to settle a little. i whiped some weight into the back of mine for a coiuple of weeks to settle them a bit more.

hey mate, how long ago did you do the springs? sometimes they have to settle a little. i whiped some weight into the back of mine for a coiuple of weeks to settle them a bit more.

Its been about a week now.

What do you mean by even though? I think the front is supposed to be lower than the back, so if you lift both by 2" then the front will still be lower... Anyway, sitting on bumpstops just sounds weird to me, but maybe I'm clueless. Sorry.

What do you mean by even though? I think the front is supposed to be lower than the back, so if you lift both by 2" then the front will still be lower... Anyway, sitting on bumpstops just sounds weird to me, but maybe I'm clueless. Sorry.

There is upper and lower bumpstops, it is stitting on the upper bumpstops, ie it cannot go any higher, i will lower it.

Yeah man your the guy who sold them too me?

yeah bnt hornby, my front is lower then the rear too, the front torsions sag a bit with age as well, give it another couple of weeks to settle a bit then tweak the torsions. i could give you a hand if you want

yeah bnt hornby, my front is lower then the rear too, the front torsions sag a bit with age as well, give it another couple of weeks to settle a bit then tweak the torsions. i could give you a hand if you want

Its all good thanks, they are indexed to the right point now i can just wind up or down. Alright, I need to get a idler brace made up in the next few days.

Edited by u13turbo

sweet as man, have a look at kiwipetes build thread, sick truck and even better in person!

heres a link...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22195&st=20

Ahh yeah i have seen kiwipetes truck on ORE forums, thanks for that though, that is the brace iv gotta try make up. hopefully it works out