Start up Funny

Reshma

So i start her up and she sits there warming up right. Under 1000 rpms.

Then randomly she goes up to 1500 rmps and it wont stop unless i put her in D.

I dont know why it happens. Sometimes when im in drive and at a light my foot on the floor it randomly revs and pushes forward if i dont press the breaks hard enough.

Anyone know why??

hmm, i'm no expert, but going with a problem with what i had with moms nissan was a vacuum line..maybe check for leaks? make sure all hoses are connected, IAC valve.. intake leak.. that's all i can really think of.

Does it do it only when cold? and stop once its warmed up? or all the time?

Maybe TPS is acting up..throttle cable sticking..

not really sure, but hope this gives you an idea on where to start. :D

i wish you luck! hopefully someone on here with more know-how will give you better information!

one more question: when it pushes forward..does it feel like something 'kicks in'? coz moms nissan does that too, and its the transmission slipping.. but i doubt its that..

Edited by NissanNismoZ

hmm, i'm no expert, but going with a problem with what i had with moms nissan was a vacuum line..maybe check for leaks? make sure all hoses are connected, IAC valve.. intake leak.. that's all i can really think of.

Does it do it only when cold? and stop once its warmed up? or all the time?

Maybe TPS is acting up..throttle cable sticking..

not really sure, but hope this gives you an idea on where to start. :D

i wish you luck! hopefully someone on here with more know-how will give you better information!

one more question: when it pushes forward..does it feel like something 'kicks in'? coz moms nissan does that too, and its the transmission slipping.. but i doubt its that..

Ok let me see if i Can clarify. It does it warm and cold. (im assuming you mean oil temp) i know there is a leak in the hoses right above my as tank (am getting it fixed soon) and when i drive cold (start and drive) the truck seems to have a huge drop in power compared to it warmed up. I assume that just how its supposed to run. When shes all warmed up the truck has an amazing difference in power compared to cold. and much quieter.

example- cold-1500rpms-takes a few block to really get going and above idle.

Warm-1500rpm-she get up and moves pretty quick.

i assume that how she is supposed to run.

the revving problem occurs more often in PARK than DRIVE.

And more often cold then warm.

I t does occur warm and in DRIVE at times. (only when im stopped. I have never seen this occur at any other time than when stopped)

try sea-foaming the engine through the intake (brake booster intake line) and change the oil

i had that problem when my engine was carboned up as hell inside

Edited by Tungsten

try sea-foaming the engine through the intake (brake booster intake line) and change the oil

i had that problem when my engine was carboned up as hell inside

I have no clue as o what you just said. LMFAO. and i will change the oil soon.

the reason the idle is higher in a neutral gear, like park, is because the engine is spinning freely, as compared to it actually being in D..when its in D it actually has something to slow its idle down.. but if its staying at that high of RPM when its warm. try the SeaFoam idea.. advance auto has it for like 7$ a can.

Seafoam can be used for say, bad gas as well, but add some to your oil, before you change it (i dont know how much) so that way all o the dirty stuff wiill end up in your oil pan. also, add some to your gas tank (again, i dont know the amount) so you can clean out your fuel system while you have some.

it's good stuff.

im still leaning toward something messing with your idle..

Mine does the same type of thing sometimes. What Ive noticed is that if I remove my my MAF connection and reinstall it, the problem goes away. Im not saying that that is exactly what yours is doing but give it a shot. Mines a bad connection and it intermittently connects.