Remote Unlock?

Bought a remote to go with the pathy for 35$ from ebay from Midwest Wireless?

So i shut all doors and lock them (horn is missing from my alarm system for some reason) but the system beeps slowly.. i push my lock button, interior and exterior lights come on for as long as im holding the button and it holds the tone for as long as im holding it. i let go itdoes the prompting beeps.. and.. now i turn the key on then off, get out. push the lock button..and nothing. Any ideas? i straightened up my antenna for it.. Thanks! Im guessing i may have a bad relay/fuse somewhere..

Bought a remote to go with the pathy for 35$ from ebay from Midwest Wireless?

So i shut all doors and lock them (horn is missing from my alarm system for some reason) but the system beeps slowly.. i push my lock button, interior and exterior lights come on for as long as im holding the button and it holds the tone for as long as im holding it. i let go itdoes the prompting beeps.. and.. now i turn the key on then off, get out. push the lock button..and nothing. Any ideas? i straightened up my antenna for it.. Thanks! Im guessing i may have a bad relay/fuse somewhere..

I'm having a bit of the same problem.....installed just a keyless entry system from Bulldog.....very simple to do......it worked for about a day and then quit......I Googled it and found that it could possibly be the door lock timer.....it is located in the left rear quarter......I still have to go to a junk yard to try to get another one as a new one from Nissan is between 65 and 80 bucks........on a positive note, it will lock the doors remotely, LOL!!!!

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

r u sure you got the right key fob? It should have FCC ID G57NTX318 on the back.

Nope, it just says:

Remocon

RMC-105

USE 23A Alkaline Battery

it says it can replace the original remote..

• 8 months later...

Here are the instructions for programing G57NTX318 Remote control for 1995:

The Nissan system can learn up to four different remotes. If a fifth remote is entered the first remote is "bumped out" as only the last four to be entered are remembered.

Any time the system is programed all remotes to be used should be re-programmed to avoid unintentional "bumping"

1. Locate the electronic module. (Located under drivers seat on the right side.)

2. Under the center of the Nissan label on the top of the module there is a 7/8" hole. Rub your finger over the label to locate the hole. Punch through the label with your finger or a dull object such as a pencil eraser. Inside the hole is a square yellow button. This is the programming button.

3. Cycle the ignition key to ON then back to OFF. Press and hold the programming button. The siren will emit four single introduction tones followed by a five tone burst. Release the programming button. The siren will now emit single prompting tones at one second intervals. Each prompting tone is an opportunity to program a remote. After any prompting tone press the large (arm/disarm) button of a remote. The siren will immediately emit a confirmation tone. Wait for another prompting tone and press the large button of another remote. Repeat until all transmitters to be used with the vehicle have been learned.

4. Turn the ignition key ON the OFF to exit programming mode.

5. Test remotes and cover hole on top of electronic module with tape.