rear wiper issue

trenton163

Yesterday, I started my car and the rear wiper started going, even though it was turned off. I turned it on and off and it stopped, but after driving for a little bit it started going again, no matter what the switch was on. The only way for me to get it to stop was to pull the fuse. So I correct in thinking that its the switch thats bad? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

I haven't had it happen to me but, when I pulled my out a while back I remember the whole thing just fell apart in my hands. So, be careful when pulling out. A bad relay?

Thanks. Do you know where the relay is located?

This happened to me once this summer, I pulled the fuse as I didn't have time to diagnose properly and when I put it back in it was fine and hasn't done it since. :shrug:

Damn electrical gremlins.

I never had the rear do this but my front wipers did. The problem was cracked solder joints in the little box that is mounted on the wiper motor. I took it apart and resoldered the bad connections and now the intermittent setting works again also.

Check the wiring diagram to see if the rear wiper has one of these boxes, I think its called an amplifier?

James

Okay, I poped the fuse back in and it stopped, but then when I tried to turn it on and off again it would just stay on.tried a couple of times with the same outcome. This weekend Im gonna take off the panel and see if everything has good connections. I looked on the fsm and there is a "amplifier" back there. Thanks all for the help guys!

Okay, I poped the fuse back in and it stopped, but then when I tried to turn it on and off again it would just stay on.tried a couple of times with the same outcome. This weekend Im gonna take off the panel and see if everything has good connections. I looked on the fsm and there is a "amplifier" back there. Thanks all for the help guys!

Hmm if all else fails you could try a bigger fuse fun :crossedwires: