need to lower my driver's seat

aranay

I've been having a problem with comfortably fitting in my P-finder due to my absurdly long body and average sized legs haha. I'm 6'2" and have a 32" inseam so my head is constantly hitting the roof of my truck unless I slouch in my seat(luckily I only live less than 15mins from work). the truck in question is a 91 SE with a factory sunroof. Has anyone here had this issue? The only reasonable solution that I can see is to somehow get the seat at least 2" lower (3" would be awesome) has this been done? Before anyone throws a fit, I did a search but came up empty handed and yes, I know my seat is vertically adjustable and yes it's flat on the floor.

help??

Your seat is vertically adjustable? Dang....

I don't have access to my truck right now, otherwise I would look myself, but the best way I can figure is to cut the stock brackets, and either weld them on up higher, or fabricate new ones. I can't think of any other way, this is all assuming that there is room in the floorpan to lower it more...

Having recently removed the stock seats in my parts truck, I doubt you could get much more than 1-1.5" lower without a whole lot of work/issues. My recommendation is to source some other seats (maxima, xterra?) or go aftermarket. You may have to relocate the electronics under the seat to achieve 2-3" drop.

B

Having recently removed the stock seats in my parts truck, I doubt you could get much more than 1-1.5" lower without a whole lot of work/issues. My recommendation is to source some other seats (maxima, xterra?) or go aftermarket. You may have to relocate the electronics under the seat to achieve 2-3" drop.

B

For my XE seats, the only thing I can think of that would get in the way is that hump under the front, BUT if you're so determined, that could be modified... :crossedwires:

There is a lever on mine and since yours is a se, im assuming yours has it as well, but it can make the front of the seat go up about 2 inches and down 2 inches.. I think it's the one in front of the gas tank opener.. see if that helps.

There is a lever on mine and since yours is a se, im assuming yours has it as well, but it can make the front of the seat go up about 2 inches and down 2 inches.. I think it's the one in front of the gas tank opener.. see if that helps.

Yeah I did that but it's just not giving me enough headroom. Was there much difference between the models equipped with a sunroof as opposed to those without? I don't remember having this much trouble with my old XE.

Guess I'm going to have to perform an exploratory surgery on this beeyotch, so hopefully I'll have a DIY for the rest of you over-grown hillbillies :skull:

We heard you the first time... :tongue:

B

:omg: you have text-to-speech??

.... sorry I have an un-scheduled day off and I'm bored out of my tree... carry on :beer: