Where to mount a inclinometer

Doesn't it need to be on a flat surface? Where could I put it.... under the dash in the cubby hole in front of the shifter that I dont use but that would be out of view.... I have the option of either a old faded maroon d21 inclinometer or a 96 4runner inclinometer that matches my interior better....

Edited by Pezzy
title update

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to be perfectly level, since you should be able to zero it out once it's mounted.....I have an iPhone APP CLINOMETER. Haven't had much time to mess with it, but reviews are Great!

I have a Nissan Safari/Patrol inclinometer which was gonna go in the '98 using some custom fibreglassing... That would be the best option, IMO.

Something like this could work, using a similar mounting system like GPS units:

Niken Digital Inclinometer

Or you can go this route, which is more compact and badass, IMO. :aok:

RAD1 Digital Inclinometer

Doesn't it need to be on a flat surface? Where could I put it.... under the dash in the cubby hole in front of the shifter that I dont use but that would be out of view.... I have the option of either a old faded maroon d21 inclinometer or a 96 4runner inclinometer that matches my interior better....

They don't need to be perfectly flat you can adjust them. I could sure use the cover from that old faded maroon d21 clinometer! So remove the cover and send it to me then mount the clinometer in the cubby hole. :aok:

As for the digital models, I personally don't need a clinometer I just think it looks cool!

James

I am at work right now and can't get the measurements but does anyone know in inches how wide that cubby hole is? What could I wire it into to work with the running lights?

Edited by muddfildvaynes

So this is the one I bought.... most likely gonna put in in the cubby hole in fron ton the shifter.... take it out of the maroon case and build one to fit it there. I got it on ebay for $90 and the 4runner one is still for sale

KGrHqMOKiUE0p6iuBIPBNbG2UMvJg_12.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250781553210&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The one I bought:

P2213646.jpg

P2213645.jpg

P2213649.jpg

P2213655.jpg

P2213657.jpg

• 7 months later...

i just bought one but noticed it has a hardbody picture in it instead of a pathfinder one. O well i guess hopefully it all works! Mine came with some clips and stuff that hold it on.

terranoalti10-18-115.jpg

install(pics from seller) I would install it the same but im afraid to touch my center vents ik mine are really brittle lol

terranoalti10-18-113.jpg

terranoaltimeterinstallation1.jpg

terranoaltimeterinstallation.jpg

terranoalti10-18-118b.jpg

terranoalti10-18-118.jpg

Edited by edicer2

that looks great i might have to invest in them? I have kind of changed my dash color but would like it brighter like that...did you get them at superbrightleds.com? Did you do it to your climate control too?

You dont happen to remember what size bulbs they are and how many do you?

Edited by edicer2

63417_471751689074_612879074_5678264_2435093_n.jpg

You can use some 360 degree LEDs in them and then they look amazing at night.

I see your Pathy fuel tank stays empty just like mine always seems to be.......

However, Has one of these been mounted in an R50 yet? And what would one use to paint the covering to match their interior?

I see your Pathy fuel tank stays empty just like mine always seems to be.......

However, Has one of these been mounted in an R50 yet? And what would one use to paint the covering to match their interior?

I just started it up in that shot as you can tell by the rising needle and the cold temperature. ;)

that looks great i might have to invest in them? I have kind of changed my dash color but would like it brighter like that...did you get them at superbrightleds.com? Did you do it to your climate control too?

You dont happen to remember what size bulbs they are and how many do you?

I remember all the bulbs and that's where I got them. I don't want to jack the thread so you are going to have to PM me about that. I may have started another thread on here about which ones to get.