Batteries for a winch

SO I ordered my winch last night, and have been doing some looking around for batteries and have concluded optima is the best brand.... I am having trouble deciding whether to get the yellow top or blue top.... they are pretty much the same batteries internally just the yellow top has 2 top mounts and 2 side mounts so I would need to convert the pathy to side mount and use the top mounts for the winch or the blue top has 4 top mounts; 2 big and 2 small that use wing nuts which would also be a good fit. What have other people done, I have read you should not run your winch to side mounts.

I Don't like yellow and the blue top is basically the same battery. Just make sure you get a good price if you go blue. Some places like to chage $15+ more for the blue but they are worth the same.

Edited by MY1PATH

So what I am thinking is I am going to try to get a blue top for a decnt price and if I cant I guess I will switch my battery terminals to side post and go with a yellow top battery and use the top post for the winch....

Plenty of people use the Yellow Top to wheel & winch with.

From what I understand the Blue Top is for Marine purposes. How this makes it different from the Yellow Top, I don't know.

I had a Yellow Top, which I had no issues with until it died prematurely (if you ask me). I now have a store-branded version of the Orbital Xtreme, which has been good to me for a couple years now.

just get a red top.

they are fine, all optimas went through a bad period, but they are good again.

Your not going to use that winch much.

I have pulled with mine until the winch stalled,(engine off) and then started teh engine right back up.

don't waste your money unless you have it to burn.

I went with the Yellow Top based on my Jeeper friends at work that swore by them. They all run winches.

I've also heard the Die Hard Platinums are identical to Odysey in case you've looked that direction.

Why not run the winch off of side terminals? I was planning on getting a yellow top and do just that. I've had a yellow top in my titan for a couple of years now and had no problems with it. Right now I have a little auto zone battery that was in the truck when I bought it. I stalled the winch once without the motor running and I was screwed, had to jump it.

James