running extremely rough

shotzie417

I just put six new injectors in my pathy(blue dot, the first set I bought were black dot from oriellies and they didn't work at all), started it up and it ran perfect shut it of than about 10 minutes later started it up, and drove it up to the gass station and it ran perfect still, so I put premium gass in it and it ran terribaly back home and to my friend house, I pulled codes and all that came up was 55 no malfuntion, do yall think that it could be the gass or somthing else.

The problem Is you put premium in it!

As rule; ALWAYS run the lowest octane the egine will run smoothly on.

OCTANE IS NOT POWER OR QUALITY. It is resistance to burning.

In other words premum gas burns slower and at the wrong time. In some engines you can actually Burn the valves by running premimum because the gas is still burning when the valve opens.

Edited by MY1PATH

High octane for high compression is the general rule that I know. Pathys run just fine on 87 octane at sea level, but altitude may vary. Still, it sounds like it might not be the gas. Apparently the different injector color sets can have different resistance from what the ECU expects. I'm not an expert on this but it was covered in a thread on injectors within a week st it should be easy to find.

B

i went ahead and checked all my connections, they are all good, i checked all my grounds they are all good, i noid lighted all the injectors they all fire perfectly, i checked for spark i have spark at all wires, but i have unburned fuel coming out of my exhaust on the drivers side it is actually leaking out of the egr tube were it connects to the header because it isn't on very tight, and i pulled cylinders 2 and 4's spark plug and they were soaked with fuel, i didn't pull cylinder 6 yet but i assume the same thing, but cylinders 1,3,and 5 are perfectly fine still. so every thing appears to be operating perfect except for those 2 spark plugs being soaked. it still smokes and is still very hard to start. what else should i do, i am goin to change all 6 plugs anyway to see if that helps, but i am lost, this is the kind of stuff that school didn't teach me, lol. what else should i do?