new grill options

Tosh

Has anyone put another grill on a 93 to replace the plastic one?

I hit a deer last night and totally shattered the grill, and I wanted to replace the grill with a metal one to make it a little more sturdy.

How much do yall think it would cost for a welding shop to make one up?

Thanks

You want to make a metal one up, make friends with someone who can weld, and cross yur fingers it ends up looking the way you want it too. personally though I'd say if your worried about grill protection just replace it and save your pennies for a good bumper (bought or made) with an upper hoop.

Good point Nunya. Even a Smittybilt tube bumper with an upper hoop would offer significantly more than the stock bumper/grill which are damn near useless. Too bad you aren't closer, I have a new grill in the garage.

Also, a few people have replaced their grills, one with a metal diamond mesh that looked pretty good. (I can't remember who, you'll have to search)

B

A metal one may damage your radiator support, AC condenser and more if you hit somehting. I'd stick with plastic and get some protection from a bumper a grille bar instead. Maybe take a smitty built of an 80's yota or S10 (both are a good size) and have it welded to you bumper mounts. Maybe 80 bucks in labor if you pull the part.

More if you want re-enforced mounting.

You are welcome.

Everything from

http://mudflaps.com/i-5909787-smittybilt-54033-grille-saver.html

to

http://www.rocky-road.com/bullbar.html

B

Oh, they might need modifications to the mounting so remember some cost for that.

Edited by Precise1