Hello from down under

Hi there all you Pathfinder(Terrano) owners. My name is Allan and I live just out of Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand. I have had my Terrano for just over a year now and am really loving it. I have given it a 2" body lift, uprated the suspension and put some bigger tyres on (31's). I see from my short browse that over in the US you mustn't have such strict legal controls on your tyre sizes as we do here.

I am a member of a 4WD club based in ChCh. Canterbury Recreational 4WD club. We organise trips about 2 or 3 times a month. They range from easy scenic trips over the local hill country and rivers to fairly difficult, mud and rutted trips in the back blocks. There are about 6 or 7 Terranos in the club and we always have alot of fun pulling out all the stuck Toyotas!

Looking forward to reading all the forums and viewing the photos and videos.

Cheers Allan

Hey, how are ya going??

I'm one of the few NZ members. Based over on the "Coast" (Westport). Used to have a R3M Terrano, sold it about four or five months ago for a Safari. I wonder if any one has seen it around Christchurch, thats where i traded it. Airflow snorkel, 2" lift, flexi flares, no sway bars ( they are sitting in my garage still if you know any one that wants them!!) and it was that metalic safari green.

Do you get the NZ 4X4 mag?? Check out the winner this month in the photo comp. Yep, that was me :D

As for tire size regulations, well:

YOU CAN RUN WHAT EVER SIZE TIRE YOU CAN FIT UNDER THE GUARDS!!!

The only regulation is that the tyre must be completelyenclosed with in the guard. So if you want to run rims with a large off set, you have to put flares on the guards. Check out the photo, 32" Simexe's rubbed a little, but where fine. Any time you guys are heading this way give me a PM, i may join ya as a guest for the trip.

Im also in both the Nelson and Buller 4X4 clubs.

See ya round,

Peter.

The beast. I miss her!!!!

DSC02800.jpg

The replacement. Nothing but trouble. The list of repairs over the last few months is incredible!!

Picture030.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man.

Havn't seen you round on the board much, so i thought i would let you know i'm running a 3 day trip in January over here on the coast. If ya want more info check out the trip out line at Off Road Express. Link:

http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/modules.ph...pic&p=3251#3251

The more the merrier i guess,

See ya round,

Pete.