New to NPORA

Thanks to terry i got registered to the pathfinder family. This sight has some killer info. I have an 03 se 2wd. I know its only a 2wd but im fixxing to put the ac lift on it. I used to drive a 4wd tacoma but as the babies came along the car seat was not working so i joind the pathy family. Seeing as the yota had 33's on it i figured its time for the pathy to grow up a bit.Just for the looks pruposes bc believe me ive heard it from a million people"its only 2wd". lol. Anyways ive searched around on here but i was wondering if anyone is running 32X11.50 on the r50? do i need to trim as well?thanks for the already tons of info!chris

Hey Chris, welcome to NPORA!!

I believe that several people are running R50s with 32" tires and IIRC, one person is running 33" tires without trimming. All this info will be in the R50 section off of the main page and is well discussed, as you can imagine.

As for the 2wd, well, you may have trouble competing in mud bogs or hill climbs, but put a LSD or locker in the rear and free up the articulation and it just might surprise you where it can go... ;)

B

Thanks fellas i will get some pics here a little later.Answer me this?Why in the world do they not come stock with LSD?Heck i had an isuzu rodeo at one time and it had LSD and 2wd and it would sling the mud!Do you guys have a recommended lsd?

They do come with LSDs, the WD21's anyway. Both my 1995 have it...

IIRC, the rear end is the same, you just have to change out the ring, pinion and maybe axle shafts (different spline count?) and you can use one from earlier years if they didn't make LSD rear ends for the R50... That information needs refinement/confirmation but should be correct.

B

If B didn't answer your tire ? there are some(understatement) threads going on about the largest size tires...in fact I believe its pinned in the R50 section.

As the others said, :thisthreadisworthless:

and my personal welcome (borrowed from the IH8MUD guys)

thefinger.gif