avoid this company

ahardb0dy

I received an Ipod Touch for X-mas, wanted to order a case for it but the case was not released yet, received an e-mail from the manufacturer of the case saying they were now available, went to order one right before New Years eve and they had a note on their website saying they would be closed for inventory for 5 days. Found the case for sale on Amazon.com, case was listed as being "IN STOCK", placed the order, than received an e-mail from the merchant, MYGEARSTORE saying, "thanks for ordering a presale item, as soon as we receive the item from the manufacturer we will ship it out to you, estimated release date 01-06-11", I was like what PRESALE ITEM?? The Amazon page once again said it was "IN STOCK", contacted Amazon.com and received an e-mail saying to contact the merchant, sent an e-mail to the merchant and tonight received a response now saying "item is out of stock and back ordered" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canceled my order and re-ordered the case direct from the manufacturer, at a lower price I might add, oh they also say the case is in stock.

So I wrote Amazoon.com and MYGEARSTORE, letting them both know that if asked I will never recommend either one of them again.

Just a heads up

not to be a devils advocate but you said the case manufacturer (who actually makes the case)said they were gonna be closed inventory till the 5th, so you go to a buy site (Amazon) who after ordering sais its gonna be released the 6th (the buissness day after the manufacturer will have inventory stocked/proably shipped out to retailers. and yes I understand you say it said "in stock"), only to end up buying it direct from the manufacturer on the release day anyway? Not to take sides as the whole "in stock" thing is an eff up on their part (as long as you wern't too jumpy and just read things too fast, which can happen. We are human) but on the same note it sounds like you were in a bit of a hurry as well. If a company sais it ain't out yet (in simple terms), generally trying to find it anyway is gonna end up in someone being unsatisified in some way shape or form.

no problem with your reply, the case was listed on the manufacturers site as coming soon, they had a place to put your e-mail to be notified when the case would be available, the very next day I got an e-mail from the manufacturer saying the case was now available, I went thru the process of ordering the item but when I got to the checkout page there was a statement saying their warehouse was going to be closed for inventory. So I went to the amazon site and found the case listed there as I said "in stock" so I ordered it thru Amazon, I received a confirmation e-mail from Amazon saying item would ship Jan 3rd or 4th with an estimated arrival date of the 6th to the 11th. I was fine with all that, a few days later I received the e-mail from the merchant (mygearstore) thanking me for ordering a "presale item", that is what started to piss me off, I contacted Amazon about the in stock and presale statements and was told to contact the merchant, which I did, I contacted the merchant inquiring about the pre sale item statement and as I said received the out of stock back ordered notification tonight. Guess the whole problem is Amazon should not have had listed the item as in stock.

When I read the item was in stock on amazon's site I figured they had some of the item before the manufacturers warehouse had closed for inventory, but it all goes back to the item being listed as in stock, may have been a mix up but just wanted to let anyone know who may be looking to buy from this merchant to be careful

You didn't take it the wrong way :aok: like I said I understand the whole "in stock" screw up they did and your aggravation, jus gotta get things lined up in my simple mind sometimes to understand the whole picture. Yay technologicy!

I really hate sitting around waiting for shipment info to come, tracking numbers, etc. than to receive a e-mail like I got tonight. I'm one of those people that when I order something I have to check the status multiple times a day LOL

My wife and I got a FREE $475 inflatable kayak over some nonsense like that... Amazon said they had 15 available, so we ordered one and waited...and waited... Finally I emailed them a week later to ask for tracking info that I never received and see what the problem was. They emailed me back that my order must have slipped thru the cracks. Another few days and still no tracking number.. emailed again.. (long story made a little shorter) At the 1 month mark I asked for my $$$ back. Got it refunded in about 2hrs. Next day I get a email with a tracking number... 3 days later the kayak shows up... I email them to let them know.. They claim they refunded the money and NEVER shipped a kayak to us.. I claim they did.. They tell me congrats on the free kayak then because their "system" says it didn't ship and they go by the system... The non-kayak that we received has been awesome and we use it all the time for fishing, river running and photography.

no problem with your reply, the case was listed on the manufacturers site as coming soon, they had a place to put your e-mail to be notified when the case would be available, the very next day I got an e-mail from the manufacturer saying the case was now available, I went thru the process of ordering the item but when I got to the checkout page there was a statement saying their warehouse was going to be closed for inventory. So I went to the amazon site and found the case listed there as I said "in stock" so I ordered it thru Amazon, I received a confirmation e-mail from Amazon saying item would ship Jan 3rd or 4th with an estimated arrival date of the 6th to the 11th. I was fine with all that, a few days later I received the e-mail from the merchant (mygearstore) thanking me for ordering a "presale item", that is what started to piss me off, I contacted Amazon about the in stock and presale statements and was told to contact the merchant, which I did, I contacted the merchant inquiring about the pre sale item statement and as I said received the out of stock back ordered notification tonight. Guess the whole problem is Amazon should not have had listed the item as in stock.

When I read the item was in stock on amazon's site I figured they had some of the item before the manufacturers warehouse had closed for inventory, but it all goes back to the item being listed as in stock, may have been a mix up but just wanted to let anyone know who may be looking to buy from this merchant to be careful

Keep in mind that unless it says "sold by and ships from Amazon.com", Amazon will not be the one listing it in stock. At that point you were dealing with a third party merchant who pays Amazon to host their products on Amazon.com. I wouldn't discount Amazon as a company due to an ordering problem with a single third party merchant. Just Sayin'.

PS: I am biased, both of my parents work for Amazon.com, dad is actually a manager in the TPM dept, hence the info....

Edited by doughboy