exhaust studs

ditchdiggerjcf

I THINK it was M8x1.25. anyway get the early 300zx turbo studs they are stronger and less prone to breaking.

Napa should have them If you look up by 84-87 nissan 300zx turbo.

Edited by MY1PATH

• 11 months later...

Nissan issued a TSB and provided revised studs

check the service records to see if you have the revised ones before you go spend the cash ;)

while on that same topic, I read somewhere on NPORA that the 300ZX Turbo studs that we need are:

ManifoldStuds.jpg

I looked for these online and found them at www.nissanpartszone.com

However, if you simply SEARCH for them, they will be reported under Nissan Quest:

14065-V5004.jpg

On the Pathfinder page, those same studs were highlighted as the revised# for the WD21:

nissan-pathfinder-manifold-140g01.png

14003Q.jpg

I wasn't able to find the Nissan Part Number for the 300ZX Turbo studs on that website though :(

William

I used stainless hex head bolts, but if I were to do it again I'd use the ZX studs simply because its easier to line up the exhaust gasket when bolting the headers/manifolds back on. You have to hold everything in place while you screw at least two of them in when using the bolts. With the studs, the gasket and exhaust will hang on them while you nut 'em down.

I used stainless hex head bolts, but if I were to do it again I'd use the ZX studs simply because its easier to line up the exhaust gasket when bolting the headers/manifolds back on. You have to hold everything in place while you screw at least two of them in when using the bolts. With the studs, the gasket and exhaust will hang on them while you nut 'em down.

Will surely do that ;)

But is the 14065-V5004 the correct OEM number for the "revised" Pathfinder / Nissan Quest or 300ZX?

William