Dwilly in PDX

DWilly

Hi all, Dave here in Portland Oregon. Some people may recognize me from other sites. Loads of great info on the site, thought I should register and say hi. Hoping to find someone nearby to help me with some fender trimming :)

My rig: '92 XE, auto, 155k miles, 3 in suspension lift, custom sliders with air fittings, ViAir constant duty air system, 33x10.5 BFG MT KM2, Lockrite locker in back, Cobra 75 handheld, Trans cooler. Future mods include new HD Torsion bars in garage, and a steering upgrade kit from AC. Front/Rear tube bumpers and tire carrier in the works. Also have a pair of racing seats I need to fab some brackets for.

Edit: added some parts.

Edited by DWilly

Welcome! IM just up I-5 in Rochester(WA)! I would get the new torsion bars in, then worry about trimming. I only needed to trim a small amount off the front of the fender near the bottom. I have been running 33's since I lifted it and have never came close to touching the front.

Welcome Dave and thanks for the intro. Now where the hell are the pictures?? P...

JK :D

As our mechanic friend said, the torsion bars are pretty easy to swap out, just remember to clock them and the adjusters, loosen the front spline socket bolts, etc. It's all in that thread. Read up and holler if you need something gone over. :beer:

B

yeah, I now have a new(er) BMW335i and a pathfinder :) I wanted something to wheel that wasn't my daily driver, and got a steal on both.

Xterra GONE 2008 pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/wilsondonline/GONEPics#

Liberty WA, somewhere near Billy Goat Gulch

DSCN0156.JPG

Edited by DWilly

Hi Dwilly, I go by BoneZ here I am located in Tualatin,OR so not far from you. I Run a 91 pathfinder. You can see my pathfinder at Rattle Trap. I have a 3" BL and A 3" SL and still had to trim my fenders to fit my 33's but they are over sized 33's. I would be glade to help but I haven't had the time to Work on my own pathfinder lately It is down tell I finish the SAS. I would very much suggest looking into a better centerlink like the one sold on grassroots.com. The stock centerlink will not hold up to the 33's.

I'll have to look into the centerlink. I have the steering stabilizer kit sitting in my garage, just haven't had time to do more than put the idler arm brace in. It's been sitting for a month, just too damn cold lately, and the 6 month old eats most of my time. There is still tons of stuff I need to do. New manual hubs, repack the wheel bearings, probably new ball joints, new fan, find and fix a small leak from I think the power steering. Plenty of work, enough that I have probably sold the Dana 44 taking up half of my garage.

I'll have to look into the centerlink. I have the steering stabilizer kit sitting in my garage, just haven't had time to do more than put the idler arm brace in. It's been sitting for a month, just too damn cold lately, and the 6 month old eats most of my time. There is still tons of stuff I need to do. New manual hubs, repack the wheel bearings, probably new ball joints, new fan, find and fix a small leak from I think the power steering. Plenty of work, enough that I have probably sold the Dana 44 taking up half of my garage.

Just to let you know running a steering stabilizer kit and idler arm brace with my 33's. The stock centerlink lasted my 2 wheeling runs before it went to junk. I guess I should also note as anyone that has wheeled with me knows I do wheel my junk hard, I am completely willing to run trails way harder then my rig should run. Where i tosted my stock centerlink was on rocky uphill in TSF going the hard way (up the step side down the mild side). Soon as I manage to actually get my SAS done I will have allot of performance front end parts I take out counting a good centerlink.

I'd be interested in some parts, if mine last long enough. I am heading to TSF this weekend, but only plan on hitting the gravel pit. OK, maybe Powerline for a stretch.

• 3 weeks later...

That part was a blast, I was more sitting on the center console than the seat to stay upright and control. Pic is actually pretty accurate, normally they don't do the angles justice, as I'm sure we all can attest to.

• 1 month later...