ABS and Brake light on when turning right.

mishikwest

When I turn right, just the slightest bit and beyond, both the abs and brake light will go on. They will stay on until i turn left just a bit and re balance the weigth. Any ideas?

95 xe-v6 manual tranny.

edit: Sorry I just did a better search and found a few threads. my bad.

Edited by mishikwest

make sure u have enough brake fluid in the container and that its not low. Also u can check your brakes and make sure none of them are sticking. The best way to check is to take the caliper off and make sure the slide pins are working. Another thing is see if you can compress the piston and make sure the pads are wearing even on both sides.

ABS and Brake lights coming on is universal car language for "brake fluid is low"

Also, the only time you should add brake fluid when it's low, is if you know you have a leak. As Nunya said, as the pads wear down, the fluid level drops from the calipers having to be compressed more.

Mine did this two times because the fluid was low but I couldn't see any leaks from the calipers or brake lines. About 5,000 miles after the second time I had to add fluid the master cylinder went out completely and I knew where the leak was for sure.