Body lift install in Fairfax , Va

Islandpath

If anyone one want to help me install a body lift from AC for me and I will pay them to install it. I don't know how to do this that is why I am asking someone to do it. Or you know a shop that does this kind of work in Fairfax, VA that you can trust. I really want to fix up my Path with larger 33 tires. I love this path to the max and I want to do it right. Thanks!!

Edited by Islandpath

I'm doing 2 BL installs next week...1 on a 95 nissan and 1 on a 03 rubicon...how mechanically inclined are you b/c the install isn't terribly difficult and I could do a pretty decent walk thru...there is already one in hte how to section and another one that precise and I contributed on that has some pix on it already...its not too bad if you have some basic tools and 2 jacks and a piece of 2x4 or 4x4

I'm doing 2 BL installs next week...1 on a 95 nissan and 1 on a 03 rubicon...how mechanically inclined are you b/c the install isn't terribly difficult and I could do a pretty decent walk thru...there is already one in hte how to section and another one that precise and I contributed on that has some pix on it already...its not too bad if you have some basic tools and 2 jacks and a piece of 2x4 or 4x4

PM sent

I'd love to help. but you're about six years too late. I used to live about two miles from the circle. Check out a few write-ups in the how-to section, it's not too dificult. Just plan on using an entire weekend so you give yourself more than enough time and not rush it. BTW, you'll need a suspension lift along with the body lift to fit 33's. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay we got my BL on with my my friend help. I have a small problem... I cant get the driver side bumper put on with the new bracket. The steering column shaft is on the way. Is there a trick to put it on? Also, my rear bumper how do you adjust it to go up 3"?

IMG_20110125_114434.jpg

Edited by Islandpath

I had to trim a corner of the brackets that came with mine. Don't remember exactly what the deal was, but I do know that things did not bolt up without trimming them.

There are some lower holes in the bumper... or maybe it's upper in the frame? (lol sorry it's been a while since I even looked at it!). It is not a factory style fit, but it can be moved up none the less

Using different holes in the frame and flipping something from the bottom to the top IIRC is how I got mine moved up a little more snugish. Sorry, don't exactly remember... And those "relocation brackets" for the front suck!

you could use the rear bumper if you can get some plate steel and drill 6 holes in it...in theory...basically you'll bolt it to the frame then bolt the bumper to that...won't be near as strong as the OEM mount but it'll look better...

I will soon be inspecting trail gear's toyota rear bumper to see what type of mods need to be done to mount that bumper and maybe designing some rear bumper relocation brackets for the stock bumper...but i wouldnt count on seeing any of this from me in the next 2-3 months lol