New fog lights

Sick98Path

I have been looking for fog lights for a while now but everything so expensive.... I came across the Hella black series ones I likes them a lot but they cost like $130 each way to much for my pocket. I wanted to do 4 fogs at a minimum that's $520 for lights plus $240 for hid kits for them which then makes it a total of $760 which is way way to much for extra lighting for me....

A week or two goes by... I don't know why it didn't hit me before :? ... but I opened up one my catalogs for motor cycle parts and I bought 4 headlights for bikes. I did some scuffing and painting also ordered a set of high/low HID's for the fogs. Its awesome at night it is so fn bright and cost and in total less then 2 Hella fogs :grin: I wired it up with a switch if I want them on all the time and comes on automatically when I kick my high beams on. The voltage went from 14.3 idle to 13.9 when all 6 hid's including my headlights are turned on at the same time very doable back to full voltage after 20 seconds }:D

modded.jpg

looks awesome! how did you wire them?

They use the stock headlight wires for triggers for two relays one for each set of fog lights. Pretty simple in between the stock head light harness and trigger for low beam fog light relay I hooked up a switch this way with switch on they turn on with the headlights or don't turn on in till I flip the switch for low beams. As far as high beam I just used stock high beam wire as a trigger for the relay so they turn on when I flip high beams on automatically :aok:

Thanks for the compliments I really like the way it came out. A bunch of my buddies said they would look better spread out I am really happy I stuck to my guns and kept the lights tight together personal preference I guess. What made me do this is theres this one spot on my way to local snowboarding spot and theres no lights and its up and down a twisty hill can't see anything till its to late like deer and what not so I wanted more light. I am sure this has gone beyond what my needs are but I like going over board a little

I also installed a flip out touch screen TV I had sitting around at my shop the same day so got movies and lights in one day felt great to drive home with family guy playing and some bright ass lights B)