clicking noise from front when turning

ahardb0dy

When I make a turn I hear clicking noises coming from the front of the truck (94 Pathfinder), I have checked everything on each side of the truck and do not see any play in anything, could this noise be the compression rod moving slightly possibly due to worn out bushings or the sleeve? I have pried on the compression rod and it doesn't move at all but was thinking today on the way home that I never checked the compression rod for forward and back movement. The noise I am asking about is not the steering stops, I hear this noise even when not making full lock turns. THANKS

Compression rod?.... translating to english is a problem now :headwall:

We just call it rod brushings... I don't know "compression rod"... it could be it, next to the tires and brakes. :D

Didn't help, did I? :FartExplode-vi:

Edited by teixeira

Compression rod?.... translating to english is a problem now :headwall:

We just call it rod brushings... I don't know "compression rod"... it could be it, next to the tires and brakes. :D

Didn't help, did I? :FartExplode-vi:

the rod that comes off the lower control arm pic below:

2iu6wl4.jpg

The CV axles won't make any noise unless the 4wheel drive is engaged and the axles are spinning. There could be a chance that an auto hub is stuck engaged and turning an axle. CVs do click, when rotating and the steering is turned, if they're bad.