Running too lean?

iPath

This past weekend I had the good old check engine light flash up, so today I got around to taking it to the autozone here. (free diagnostic) It read that my engine was "running too lean". He said this could either be caused by a crappy airflow sensor or a leak in the intake. What do you guys think? Later in the day the light turned off, not sure what to think.

when i put anythign but regular in mine, it runs funny, and my mileage goes down. have you cleaned youe MAF sensor? its pretty easy, involving maybe 2 screws, some rubbing alcohol, qtips, and patience. might fix that issue. mine was black, now it all shiny!

for cleaning the MAF sensor, get their spray, its only like 5-6 bucks, cleans quick and evaporates in a few seconds. The Q-tip would be pretty dangerous, the wires are very brittle and it you break it, thats a $200 mistake haha but if you have steady hands, that works too i guess

The VQ should be filled with mid-grade (89 AKI) or premium (91 AKI); it's a higher compression engine. The VG, on the other hand, is lower compression, and should run on regular (87 AKI).

If your engine is running too lean, that could be a dirty MAF. Hopefully, that's what it is. Otherwise, there are other reasons for it. Start with the MAF and hope for the best. :aok: