rear coil springs

BTS

hey i have a 97 pathfinder and well the passenger side coil is broken and missing a coil. Buddy has a set for coils from a 95 p-finder and says that i can have them... only thing is that they are a bit different.

87 - 95 p-finder

14mm diameter

198lbs per 1"

430mm free

96 - 99.5 p-finder

15mm diameter

140 lbs per 1"

360mm free

Which means that the 95 p-finder rear coil is almost 3 inches taller, 1 mm smaller in diameter, and can take more weight. anyone think that i could use those coils in my 97?? might even get a bit of a lift out of it?? any input would be GREAT... Thanks in advance..

Ben

where did you get your coil specs because the 87-95 coils are actually;

13.2 mm wire diameter

117.2mm coil diameter

180lbs per 1"

417mm free

anyway I think the r50 coils have a differant coil diameter so they won't fit anyway.

Just get some stock ones from a JY for like 12 bucks or some nicer Moog Progressive ones from rock-auto or summit racing...

where did you get your coil specs

old man emu my buddy got the specs for me.... i cant seem to find anything in summit.. they have my coils at a local wrecker but they want 50 a side for labor and 100 a coil

old man emu my buddy got the specs for me....

i cant seem to find anything in summit..

they have my coils at a local wrecker but they want 50 a side for labor and 100 a coil

Yes well old man emu springs are stiffer and make the vehicle taller....

Bull! http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOG-CC247/ ..(these are nice)

you don't have any self service yards? I gotta go to one soon to get a spare tranny pan, you want me to get you some stock springs?

I've heard stories about jeep coils actually working, but you'd have to get someone to confirm this.

I actually want to lift my r50 in the rear also with coil springs but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on new coils.

what year of jeep??

i live in Ontario. If you want to pay shipping i will mail you the ones i took out when I put in my lift... They are still in good condition

hey i have a 97 pathfinder and well the passenger side coil is broken and missing a coil. Buddy has a set for coils from a 95 p-finder and says that i can have them... only thing is that they are a bit different.

87 - 95 p-finder

14mm diameter

198lbs per 1"

430mm free

96 - 99.5 p-finder

15mm diameter

140 lbs per 1"

360mm free

Which means that the 95 p-finder rear coil is almost 3 inches taller, 1 mm smaller in diameter, and can take more weight. anyone think that i could use those coils in my 97?? might even get a bit of a lift out of it?? any input would be GREAT... Thanks in advance..

Ben

i live in Ontario. If you want to pay shipping i will mail you the ones i took out when I put in my lift... They are still in good condition

pm sent

I live in New hampshire and still have both my stock rear springs I took out a year ago when I lifted mine. You can have them if you want to pay the shipping. They are in pretty good condition and if I remember correctly there wasn't much if any sag. Yours free if you pay shipping.

you guys rock... i did just start checking out some lifts, cuz some of the places i have been i scrape my running boards and other things... where does everyone get there 2 " lift?