K&N Air intake system

kefferjoe

So i have a friend in a different state that had metioned to me that a k&n air intake system for the 3.5L engines (the one he has) had a close fit to the 3.3L engines (the one i have)......has anyone tried this or done this before?

doubt it. two different engines. just get a cone filter, MAF adapter, and call it a day. JWT POP would be more beneficial than the K&N system, IMO, and has been for other vehicles that i've seen on the dyno.

just get a spectre filter and maf adaptor or the equivelant cheapo from your local parts store. no sense in wasting over $200 on some "pop charger" filter that is absolutely no different than the $20 version of it.

i have a cone filter, and it doesnt make much of a difference in gas milage, and barely noticable in performance, but the growl is nice.

the JWT POP charger is $100. yes, still expensive, but it's not the filter that is the difference. the JWT venturi MAF adapter is the difference. and yes, it is quite a bit more different and better than a typical, run of the mill, MAF adapter.

$80 more is still a bit much, but i've run enough JWT POPs in enough vehicles and seen enough dynos that a MAF adapter does not begin to compare to the JWT venturi.

Im going to have to agree here, I got a JWT pop charger for my VQ and I love it! It was 130 bucks shipped to me and took all of 15 minutes to install. I made a review thread over in the product review section if you want to check it out. And yes, the venturi is pretty much a solid piece of machined aluminum that fits under the filter and helps make its distinctive sound.