Replacement seats

Der_Vier

I did try search, didn't get anything. Is there a list somewhere or do people know what makes and model seats can bolt right into the front drivers seat area on a 98 r50? Driver seat is sagging and i;m considering just replacing the whole thing but I don't have access to a welder. Do WD21/D21 bucket seats bolt in w/out modification?

Thanks

IV

Edited by R50FJ60

You may want to hit up a junk yard for seats from a newer Pathfinder. That will be the most simple solution. Without having access to a welder and engineering/fabricating proper floor mounting brackets to the seat adjuster rails, you are putting your life in your hands should you be in a collision. Floor/seat pan mounting brackets improperly designed will change how the rails cope with the dynamic forces experienced in a collision, which could be a fatal mistake.

It is interesting how many folks install "racing buckets" expecting them to be superior in a crash, when they pay only minute attention to their attachment points. Seatbelts are designed to protect the occupant, not the occupant and the weight of the seat.

Yup I would hit up a junk/scrap yard. I am sure you could find a nice set of seats out of an R50 there. Maybe find a set of sweet leather seats ;)

I know 4x4parts has replacement seat brackets to let you change the seats in the older pathys, but I looked and they do not have them for the R50's :huh:

Edited by Northernpathy

They have a really nice R50 in the Lafayette pick a part. Shinny dark green paint, leather seats, tinted windows. Looks like the auto tranny is the reason its there. I've seen three go thought that yard.

James

I stared at my seats for a few and it looks like the passenger and driver seats are interchangeable? Like the chushions themselves? So is it possible to find a passenger seat in the j/y and take it off the mounting brackets and swap the cushions? Or can you only replace everything? Seems like the easiest thing to do is get one that has a good bottom cushion and swap it. THe back part isnt sagging as bad...

On a related note, does anyone have any advice on moving my driver's seat back another click or two? I have really long legs and arms and can't get comfortable. The Nissan dealerships said they couldn't do anything. Is there a SAFE way to move it back an inch or so?

On a related note, does anyone have any advice on moving my driver's seat back another click or two? I have really long legs and arms and can't get comfortable. The Nissan dealerships said they couldn't do anything. Is there a SAFE way to move it back an inch or so?

You can start by not wearing high heels...i've found that always gives another inch or two for leg room whilst driving my 4x4....jk lol

You could look & see how the slider attaches to the cushion, maybe craft some 2" tabs to move it back or something?

i know if u can bolt those old seats to newer body styles. but im just gonna bull @!*% and tell a story or some useless info just like everyone else.. never get a straight awnser. daaaar. try going to the junkyard. ya my cousin said those seat are comfy though. put a brick under yer seat.